Show “Ice” Some Love | The Boneyard

Show “Ice” Some Love

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we didn’t to see Ice play a game, but we know what a force she would have been for the team. So looking forward to watching her next season. It has to be difficult for her to have to sit on the bench unable to play. Not to mention being 3000 miles from home. Least we forget…..Let’s show her some UConn love.

13106CD3-E2B3-4EBB-AF10-E54F02434446.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ice was one of the main reasons that I was so excited to see our front court play this year. It's a shame that she won't get a chance to play alongside Dorka, but Ice and Aaliyah should be a brutal combo for our opponents to face next year.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I hope Ice is doing well with her rehab because we are going to need her next year!
She appeared to be limping a bit when she walked off the court following shoot around.

Reaction Score
I have a question I've been wondering about for some time and perhaps this is the right time and place to ask it.

Assuming Ice gets a medical exemption for this year and then chooses to play in college for the ensuing four years, and earns her undergrad degree during her four years from enrollment, as per the norm, and then manages to earn a masters degree upon completing five years of college at the same time her eligibility expires, can she still play a fifth year somewhere as a grad student? :confused:

And while we're at it, why was Dorka eligible for two years as a grad student? Seems like we made out pretty well on this one. ;)

I realize that Ice, and others may opt to go pro at any eligible time prior to the the aforementioned five years, but I'm interested in knowing the collegiate, or should I say NCAA, eligibility rules on this. :)

Reaction Score
I was looking forward to following Ms. Brady ever since watching ICE and the USA U18 team
win this past summer. She was awesome! Offense, Defense, and running the floor!
I will be looking forward to the next "ICE AGE " coming to Connecticut! GO ICE! Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I have a question I've been wondering about for some time and perhaps this is the right time and place to ask it.

Assuming Ice gets a medical exemption for this year and then chooses to play in college for the ensuing four years, and earns her undergrad degree during her four years from enrollment, as per the norm, and then manages to earn a masters degree upon completing five years of college at the same time her eligibility expires, can she still play a fifth year somewhere as a grad student? :confused:

And while we're at it, why was Dorka eligible for two years as a grad student? Seems like we made out pretty well on this one. ;)

I realize that Ice, and others may opt to go pro at any eligible time prior to the the aforementioned five years, but I'm interested in knowing the collegiate, or should I say NCAA, eligibility rules on this. :)
On Brady, no, she will have used her 5 years to play her 4 years of eligibility. So no further eligibility. For Juhasz, she got this extra year by using her free Covid year.

Reaction Score

I ~think~ Dorka graduated in 3 years from OSU, and she was given a covid year, hence, 5 years.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

One point of clarification. Ice does not need to appy for or receive any exemption for this year. She has not and will not play in any games and as such has not used any of her 4 years of eligibility. After this year however, she has 4 years left to use her 4 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
One point of clarification. Ice does not need to appy for or receive any exemption for this year. She has not and will not play in any games and as such has not used any of her 4 years of eligibility. After this year however, she has 4 years left to use her 4 years of eligibility.
Biff, humor me, I'm easily confused. When does the 5 year clock start running? When a person starts using their scholarship or graduates from high school? When they are "officially" placed on the team roster? Is there such a thing for a person who has never played to be "officially" on the roster? If Ice needed to clear up some academic issues or went to a prep school would the 5 year clock start running? I don't understand why Ice doesn't have 5 years left to complete 4 years of eligibility starting with next year?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Biff, humor me, I'm easily confused. When does the 5 year clock start running? When a person starts using their scholarship or graduates from high school? When they are "officially" placed on the team roster? Is there such a thing for a person who has never played to be "officially" on the roster? If Ice needed to clear up some academic issues or went to a prep school would the 5 year clock start running? I don't understand why Ice doesn't have 5 years left to complete 4 years of eligibility starting with next year?

Just about everyone gets confused about NCAA rules and regs so it's not like you are some kind of "outlier". :)

This is from their website is a pretty clear statement on your question.:

Eligibility Timeline​

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to redshirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part time during your college career.

Reaction Score
She is going to be an impact player next year - smooth footwork, soft shooting touch, we're going to love her. :):)

Reaction Score
Does anyone know about the rehab for an injury like Ice has? Just like a general guide of and expected timeline? I don't why I'd assume that it would be a quicker comeback than an ACL, but I guess I have thought that. Anyone have an idea?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know about the rehab for an injury like Ice has? Just like a general guide of and expected timeline? I don't why I'd assume that it would be a quicker comeback than an ACL, but I guess I have thought that. Anyone have an idea?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Don't forget our latest African front court player. Jana
I'm sure she will be a huge improvement over the other African front court player.

Reaction Score

Just about everyone gets confused about NCAA rules and regs so it's not like you are some kind of "outlier". :)

This is from their website is a pretty clear statement on your question.:

Eligibility Timeline​

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to redshirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part time during your college career.
Biff, thanks! That's about as clear as it can be. I enrolled in '77, I guess my clock ran out a couple of years ago :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom