Shoutout to the Gampel crowd... | The Boneyard

Shoutout to the Gampel crowd...

Reaction Score
Great energy last night, would have thought it was 2009. No doubt in my mind it helped the team. Crowd was on their feet for most of the final 10 minutes. Thought the roof was going to pop when Joey C made the three in transition. Student section was solid for it being break as well. Let's bring it at XL next week.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great energy last night, would have thought it was 2009. No doubt in my mind it helped the team. Crowd was on their feet for most of the final 10 minutes. Thought the roof was going to pop when Joey C made the three in transition. Student section was solid for it being break as well. Let's bring it at XL next week.
Don’t worry @Waquoit will be there.

Loved the energy last night. Translated all the way to North Carolina. Hoping the map of remaining unbeaten gives the southeast to UConn.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Loved the crowd last night. Reminded me of the good old BE date. Fans and players fed off each other. The players who transferred in from rather sleepy arenas must have been shocked. No crowds like this at SD State or ECSU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don’t worry @Waquoit will be there.

Loved the energy last night. Translated all the way to North Carolina. Hoping the map of remaining unbeaten gives the southeast to UConn.
Two threads on the crowd. Overcompensating?

Reaction Score
One complaint is can the people at court level get to their seats before tip in the future? The lower level was almost empty at the start of the game. We're on TV, need to do better.
Have no idea what you were watching. Lower level far from empty at tip.

Reaction Score
Loved the crowd last night. Reminded me of the good old BE date. Fans and players fed off each other. The players who transferred in from rather sleepy arenas must have been shocked. No crowds like this at SD State or ECSU.
SD State crowd gets rocking (went to game vs BYU this year). But to your point, USD (where Joey went) only averages about 1000 in the crowd. He definitely seemed like he was feeding off the crowd energy last night, must be a great feeling!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
SD State crowd gets rocking (went to game vs BYU this year). But to your point, USD (where Joey went) only averages about 1000 in the crowd. He definitely seemed like he was feeding off the crowd energy last night, must be a great feeling!
He went to USD, not SDSU.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He is having the time of his life. The fan base has absolutely not only embraced him, but made him a cult hero, and gave him a great nickname. The kids got his own line of “Joey California” merch. Coming to Connecticut has to seem like the best decision of his life.

Reaction Score
One complaint is can the people at court level get to their seats before tip in the future? The lower level was almost empty at the start of the game. We're on TV, need to do better.
Traffic was pretty bad given the 630 tip everyone had to arrive at same time. For last night if you got to Storrs after 6 you were lucky if seated at 630. And I was in the beer line from 6:25 until 3 minutes into game! Later it took my kids all of halftime & 1 minute into 2nd half to get food.
The support/efficiency inside Gampel & surrounds needs some fine tuning to say the least.

Reaction Score
Was there.

Why do we sit down / quiet down when UConn is on offense?

Is it like football, and we quiet down on offense so they can make and yell plays to each other?

Cause, we do it on offense @ the beggining of each half and the place turns into a ghost town since people start sitting down the minute UConn is on defense

Yet, last night it was hurry up and stand on defense, but the minute they get the ball, we just shut up?

How bout we stand and cheer for both possessions?

Gotta be honest, hate the up and down. We either gotta be standing the last 10 minutes like last night OR we stand for offense and defense possession, not just one.

I feel it kills momentum especially right when UConn gets the ball. People are just taking their time to sit back down again and kills crowd noise/momentum

Happens @ XL and Gampel.

Reaction Score
To wit from Diarra: “It was truly crazy, just to tie the game up and take the lead,” Diarra said. “The crowd was amazing, I was flabbergasted by the crowd.”
You were close, not shocked but flabbergasted!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah, I noticed that bald spot of empty seats a few rows up from the UConn bench was even filled.

Reaction Score
Was there.

Why do we sit down / quiet down when UConn is on offense?

Is it like football, and we quiet down on offense so they can make and yell plays to each other?

Cause, we do it on offense @ the beggining of each half and the place turns into a ghost town since people start sitting down the minute UConn is on defense

Yet, last night it was hurry up and stand on defense, but the minute they get the ball, we just shut up?

How bout we stand and cheer for both possessions?

Gotta be honest, hate the up and down. We either gotta be standing the last 10 minutes like last night OR we stand for offense and defense possession, not just one.

I feel it kills momentum especially right when UConn gets the ball. People are just taking their time to sit back down again and kills crowd noise/momentum

Happens @ XL and Gampel.
the students historically have a couple cheers they do on offense but have not done any so far this season, likely because they don't know them due to COVID and kids graduating

Reaction Score
Referring to this. There were empty seats to the right of the UConn bench, but more referring to Georgetown side. Are those seats for Georgetown fans?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104

JBK

Reaction Score
He is having the time of his life. The fan base has absolutely not only embraced him, but made him a cult hero, and gave him a great nickname. The kids got his own line of “Joey California” merch. Coming to Connecticut has to seem like the best decision of his life.
Does anyone have a video clip of his 2nd half performance. Trying to show the kids and cannot find anything

Reaction Score
Referring to this. There were empty seats to the right of the UConn bench, but more referring to Georgetown side. Are those seats for Georgetown fans?
yes, mostly the ones behind the end of their bench

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a video clip of his 2nd half performance. Trying to show the kids and cannot find anything
There was a bunch of stuff on Twitter if I recall correctly

Reaction Score
The one handed catch and layup and the behind the back dish are equal to Andre’s behind the back and jam. Gonna be hard to top those this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom