Shout-out to TBStewart | The Boneyard

Shout-out to TBStewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Just re-watched the game. Stewie's shots weren't falling and she got in fairly serious foul trouble. But to her credit, she never stopped fighting and clawing.... Made all of her foul shots and a couple of clutch hoops in crunch time. Ended up with a double, double. Last year she might have disappeared. Not this year.

Reaction Score
Just re-watched the game. Stewie's shots weren't falling and she got in fairly serious foul trouble. But to her credit, she never stopped fighting and clawing.... Made all of her foul shots and a couple of clutch hoops in crunch time. Ended up with a double, double. Last year she might have disappeared. Not this year.
Very good point. I happened to be out at a restaurant and missed an appreciable amount of the game but the fact that Breanna was able to contribute in other ways was and is pretty significant. Bravo!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Very good point. I happened to be out at a restaurant and missed an appreciable amount of the game but the fact that Breanna was able to contribute in other ways was and is pretty significant. Bravo!

I agree. I meant to say this last night. Just because shots aren't dropping doesn't mean a player isn't playing well. Stewie did a lot of good things last night.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Best tribute to Stewie occurred last summer, after USA Basketball (Stewie's team) won the gold medal. The team played some warm-up games on the Canary Islands before getting down to business in Europe. Katy Maier (Miami U.) was the USA coach.

Stewie was ho-hum in the prelim games, but torrid when helping to mow down the international competition. In the presser following the victory, Coach Kay commented on Stewie's so-so performance when it didn't count.

The she added: "But when we got here, and they turned the bright lights on -- HAH!" as she tossed her head back.

That triumphant HAH! tells us all we need to know about Stewie. Just for good measure, permit me to add one more
HAH!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Best tribute to Stewie occurred last summer, after USA Basketball (Stewie's team) won the gold medal. The team played some warm-up games on the Canary Islands before getting down to business in Europe. Katy Maier (Miami U.) was the USA coach.

Stewie was ho-hum in the prelim games, but torrid when helping to mow down the international competition. In the presser following the victory, Coach Kay commented on Stewie's so-so performance when it didn't count.

The she added: "But when we got here, and they turned the bright lights on -- HAH!" as she tossed her head back.

That triumphant HAH! tells us all we need to know about Stewie. Just for good measure, permit me to add one more
HAH!
So Geno needs to make sure the bright lights are on in March!! :)

Reaction Score

PAP: right with ya on this one, too.

Reaction Score

I commented to pinotbear during the game, that Stewart was going after rebounds and loose balls like a puppy after a tennis ball. She didn't do that so much last year, especially when she wasn't shooting well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Pap - great post. Stewart has been in a fairly prolonged slump shooting from distance for quite a few games now. And yet she has continued to fight and claw in a way she didn't last year. I think part of what the coaches are trying to get through to her is that there are no games without bright lights and every game their is someone who has never seen Uconn play live and deserves to see Uconn play well so you play every game to impress that one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom