Shout out to ND and Louisville on a well fought FF | The Boneyard

Shout out to ND and Louisville on a well fought FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just wanted to post a congratulations to ND and Louisville for their seasons and for what I considered to be well fought games in New Orleans. I thought the play was hard but fair and that the defenses were played straight up without excessive clutching or bumping. We all complain when things do get out of hand but seldom note when they do not.

I also thought the refs assigned to the FF did very well keeping the flow and being generally pretty even in what was and was not going to be called. You can always see bad calls, but they were kept to a minimum.

Not sure how many Louisville or ND fans stop by here, but just wanted to say thanks and for Louisville - see you next year for the home and home.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I also thought the refs assigned to the FF did very well keeping the flow and being generally pretty even in what was and was not going to be called. You can always see bad calls, but they were kept to a minimum.

That was refreshing.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I agree that the refs for the semi final game did a very good job. The refs didn't effect the championship game only because the game was never in doubt. There were 3 really bad calls, all on us, within about 2 minutes of each other and a number of other head scratchers that went both ways.

How hard can it be to have competent refs for the 3 biggest games of the year?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought that Skylar and ND were classier in defeat than they were in victory. The Irish play really, really hard. A team needs a strong effort over 40 minutes to beat them.

Walz did a great job of getting his team to the title game for the second time in five seasons. Only Geno and Muffet have done that over the same period. The Cardinal's run was historic.

Reaction Score
You missed the 20 times Uconn girls were dragged out of bounds on rebounds by the ND chicks who were doing "Griner on Dolson" take downs. So was normal ND clutch, grab and flop game. Diggins looked like she was late for her hair appointment and just wanted the game and interviews to be over. Must have sucked to be ND.
Refs in LV game were terrible. Early 2nd half would not call foul on LV no matter what they did, the non call on Stewart when she hacked the LV girl near the sideline was weak as the ref was right there. How many fouls should have been called on Diggins, probably 10 or more.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You missed the 20 times Uconn girls were dragged out of bounds on rebounds by the ND chicks who were doing "Griner on Dolson" take downs. So was normal ND clutch, grab and flop game. Diggins looked like she was late for her hair appointment and just wanted the game and interviews to be over. Must have sucked to be ND.
Refs in LV game were terrible. Early 2nd half would not call foul on LV no matter what they did, the non call on Stewart when she hacked the LV girl near the sideline was weak as the ref was right there. How many fouls should have been called on Diggins, probably 10 or more.

LOL - always can count on '68 to add a little levity to the discussion....

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Gracious as always. Nap time 4 u...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Husky68 - must have watched a different game. Not syaing the Refs were perfect, they certainly were not. But given the general level and the 'everything goes' or 'nothing goes' tendency I thought they did a good balancing job. And they kept it consistent. And I didn't think either team gained an edge based on blown calls. You want the game decided by the players and that was what we got.
The one takedown I remember was the one involving KML and another player, where neither made it back to the other end. And on that one as I watched it live and on replay I was just thankful KML didn't get called for a foul - and I thought that was a great call - classic rebounding battle with both players losing their balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom