Shout out to Breanna | The Boneyard

Shout out to Breanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coming out of high school, where her natural physical gifts allowed her to dominate, it seemed that she entered collegiate play under the false assumption that the transition would be smooth and seamless. It was in the Maryland game earlier in the season that all that began to unravel as Frese (correctly) put her willingness to endure a lot of physicality to the test...look at how things have now come full circle...Stewie knows what to expect now, is reconciled to it, and hangs tough from buzzer to buzzer. She can't be intimidated anymore, and is growing into her role here beautifully.

Reaction Score
To me,today, Stewie showed that she is much more confident in herself and her game. Offensively and defensively, she was in the right place, moving, helping, and driving hard to the hoop.

Reaction Score
To me,today, Stewie showed that she is much more confident in herself and her game. Offensively and defensively, she was in the right place, moving, helping, and driving hard to the hoop.
Is it just me, or is she really starting to channel EDD?

Reaction Score
I said a few months ago, stewie is no different than a lot of our other greats Sue, D, Shea etc have all struggled at some point in their freshman year. She seems to have turned it around now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Not you at all. Mike DiMauro and Chris Dailey said the same thing. Mike DiMauro's column has some great quotes from Chris and Geno on Stewie's development this year. From DiMauro's column:

Because while we all hyperventilate over Delle Donne's ability to dominate inside and outside, the 6-foot-5 forward with the finesse of a guard, Stewart owns the same set of skills.
"She's a freshman. But she has a lot of what Elena has," UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey said.
http://www.theday.com/article/20130331/SPORT01/303319913

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Stewie will be a dominant force on defense as well as offense. She will establish herself as a shot blocker/alterer, and rebounding legend at UCONN.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Her drive from the left side, leading to a short, pull-up jumper reminded me a lot of EDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom