Should we guess the attendance Saturday? | The Boneyard

Should we guess the attendance Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My usual crew of 8 who meets up 4 hours before every game and hasn't missed much in 10+ years is down to 4 for Saturday and talks are leaning to starring at 10 instead of 8.

I hate it has come to this. My wife was convincing me of going Christmas tree shopping instead of this game, but ironically due to the bad weather I am going to the game. I will be there as long as humanly possible due to the weather to cheer on Mr. McBride who wishes he could stay and everyone else that has and will.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Weather doesn't look that bad now.

Someone should count the seats on ticketmaster. I miss those posts.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Of my group of 8, which was down from 12 initially a few years ago, only 1 person is going and it's not me.

I didn't go to Cinci either.

Every fan reaches their breaking point, especially when their travel time to the rent is 3.5 hours of subway, train, car each way, and mine was the Army game.

I wrote a big email to the group today regarding everyone packing it in and I was honestly taken aback about how sad the current state of the program and the conference affiliation made me.

Jan 1 2011 we were big east champs in the fiesta bowl and now were 2-9 playing 0-11 SMU to close out a 4th straight losing campaign.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You'd have to be insane to travel 3 hours for this game. Completely insane.

I live 15 minutes from the stadium and have my mother on the way to leave my daughter with. I'm pretty sure my wife bailed as she was falling asleep tonight based on Brad Field describing Saturday as miserable.

Reaction Score
My guess, the crowd would total an algebraic complex "i" imaginary number.

With the results on the field fall semester '14, imagine that?

Reaction Score
My wife is trying to bail on me and she is the UConn one between the two of us! The 10-12 friends from her office that we tailgate with are down to 4 and I guess 2 of them are questionable.
I'm pretty sure I've got her talked into going but it's going to cost me a fortune tonight in cold weather rain gear for her.

Reaction Score
It will depend on the weather and rain. If it is raining all day 0-100. If the weather is just occasional rain 500/1000. If Uconn is getting blown out by smu by halftime -100. People will actually remove seats from the stadium as repayment to reach that -100 number.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Announced: 11,308
Start of 3rd Q: 2,117
Start of 4th Q: 609
3 mins left: 255

My brother and I will be there. Maybe 1-3 other guys. Sadly, this is our last game together as he's moving to MI in the spring. Hopefully we can send him off with a W.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
the weather seems to be periods of rain -but a high of 47 - I would rather play this at 8pm in 35 degree weather and snow.

With that said - announced 16767
IF we are losing by more than 10 at the half - 5000 to start third quarter

For the first time in forever we left at the half of the Cinci game and I was SHOCKED by the amount of cars that were already missing from the silver lot compared to when the game started.

Reaction Score
Another data point. I am blowing it off. Absolutely no interest in wading through the rain or even the threat of rain for this. Sorry fellas, I am comfortably numb

Reaction Score
the weather seems to be periods of rain -but a high of 47 - I would rather play this at 8pm in 35 degree weather and snow.

With that said - announced 16767
IF we are losing by more than 10 at the half - 5000 to start third quarter

For the first time in forever we left at the half of the Cinci game and I was SHOCKED by the amount of cars that were already missing from the silver lot compared to when the game started.

here's what NOAA is saying

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...OX&textField1=41.7614&textField2=-72.6159&e=1

Reaction Score
The problem some are saying periods of rain... while some are saying just rain. Thats a big difference in wording.. My groups has dwindled to the point where no one might go. Because of this constant rain all day talk.

Reaction Score
Why guess? I assume you will be able to count them by hand during the first TV timeout.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The problem some are saying periods of rain... while some are saying just rain. Thats a big difference in wording.. My groups has dwindled to the point where no one might go. Because of this constant rain all day talk.

Time to build a Domed Stadium - on campus!

:D

Two weeks ago people were not going to attend at 8pm because it was going to be chilly out - now, including our wives, people arent going becasue of rain.
I hate to say this, but if this was a USMNT soccer game - it would be sold out regardless of temp and conditions. CT FB folks on a whole would be more happy with a dome, I am not one of them, I own rain gear and cold weather wear.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Butch said:
Any tickets to dump?? Just need 2.
Butch I have two. And a blue parking pass. Yup. My crew is out for
This one.

Reaction Score
Finals for students as well as weather, and two teams with a combined record of 2-20 gives reason to believe this will be the least attended game in Rent history. Sad its come to this.

Reaction Score
The only positive about the stadium crowd tomorrow, will be that the players graduating - the few that have made it, will know without a doubt - that the brotherhood they are transitioning from, and into, is what matters most, and the players that will remain, realize the same thing.

The crowds will come back, when there is something they want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom