Should we (Baylor) be concerned in the Dallas regional? | The Boneyard

Should we (Baylor) be concerned in the Dallas regional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know you guys are pleased with anyone and anything that can put that team that shall not be named on this board in a bad light, but those of us down here in Waco who feel like we left a national banner on the table two years ago in Dallas (and should / could be playing for a three-peat this year) are getting a bit nervous about the momentum growing 90 miles south at Texas A/M.

Someone please tell me the SEC really wasn't all that strong and what the TAMmies have done over the last two weeks in the SEC is not as impressive as it seems. Three weeks ago Creme had them trending downward. Wouldn't surprise me Tuesday to see them as the #2 seed in our Dallas region.

I still think our best game is 10-15 points better than their best game, but as slow as Bone is in getting down the court, she seems to have caught a vision of FINALLY playing up to her potential once she gets in the paint. And make no mistake, their guard play is way above adequate in terms of quickness and creating shots off the dribble.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Nothin' to be concerned about, BProf. You guys will be fine - in fact, go ahead and stay up late the night before, eat lots of Doritos n' dip, and sleep through shoot-around. In fact, I'd commit a few unnecessary fouls, rest your starters, change to new, uncomfortable shoes, and have an optometrist dilate BG's pupils just before the game. Nothing to worry about!:rolleyes:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Two years ago, y'all lost because Griner was a bit immature still, Odyssey was a freshman, A&M had played Baylor three times previously and knew they had a shot if they played the perfect game, and the Aggies had senior leadership.

I'm still not convinced Bone will step up against a center who's her physical superior. Griner will get hers, Sims will provide, and your perimeter players are generally better than theirs.

And yes, the SEC was mediocre this season. Nice that A&M pulled it together in the tourney, but did anyone from that conference have an impressive OOC win?

Baylor's beaten Uconn and Notre Dame at their respective places. They can handle A&M in Dallas. Easily.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Baylor should walk to the Final Four easy. If I'm Baylor, I'm more concerned with Iowa State tonight. This is a game Baylor should easily win. However, IMHO Baylor has not played their best ball in this tournament. Play like your team did against OSU, Iowa State has enough talent to pull off the upset.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A&M is a much improved, they won't roll over but Nah, shouldn't be a problem.
Everythings relative.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is interesting to see the TAM team finally put it together - they have played a tough schedule and started like 1-5 playing most of the final four teams early. I think they can cause anyone problems as they are well coached and seem to be peaking. I was surprised to see UCLAs performance as well - knocking off Cal and then taking Stanford to the brink on back to back nights.
Bottom line - any of the top four can have a bad night and get bumped by a hot team, but it isn't very likely.
With the conference results determined #2 and #3 seeds is going to be pretty interesting!

Reaction Score
I know you guys are pleased with anyone and anything that can put that team that shall not be named on this board in a bad light, but those of us down here in Waco who feel like we left a national banner on the table two years ago in Dallas (and should / could be playing for a three-peat this year) are getting a bit nervous about the momentum growing 90 miles south at Texas A/M.

Someone please tell me the SEC really wasn't all that strong and what the TAMmies have done over the last two weeks in the SEC is not as impressive as it seems. Three weeks ago Creme had them trending downward. Wouldn't surprise me Tuesday to see them as the #2 seed in our Dallas region.

I still think our best game is 10-15 points better than their best game, but as slow as Bone is in getting down the court, she seems to have caught a vision of FINALLY playing up to her potential once she gets in the paint. And make no mistake, their guard play is way above adequate in terms of quickness and creating shots off the dribble.
Ok, SEC really isn't that strong, and Texas AM is not that great..............Not too many teams west of the Mississippi are strong....

Reaction Score
It is interesting to see the TAM team finally put it together - they have played a tough schedule and started like 1-5 playing most of the final four teams early. I think they can cause anyone problems as they are well coached and seem to be peaking. I was surprised to see UCLAs performance as well - knocking off Cal and then taking Stanford to the brink on back to back nights.
Bottom line - any of the top four can have a bad night and get bumped by a hot team, but it isn't very likely.
With the conference results determined #2 and #3 seeds is going to be pretty interesting!
Not a big deal, to take Stanford to the brink....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kara Lawason got it right IMHO. Baylor gets a bit distracted or lazy at times when they are playing - i think at times they play down to the level of the opponent. But... as Kara said, they can completely turn on the switch at any time and blow a team right out of the gym. Nothing to be concerned about with aTm...

Reaction Score
I was surprised at how well Bone played in the win over Kentucky yesterday...not sure what she's been saving it for...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
She played very well against us.... - 18 points (she was hungry under the basket, Griner kept feeding her), 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 1 block....

Reaction Score
She played very well against us....

If you're serious, I'll have to go back and look at the game...my recollection is that Stef looked kinda like a big Husky playing with her favorite...well...bone... ;)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
If you're serious, I'll have to go back and look at the game...my recollection is that Stef looked kinda like a big Husky playing with her favorite...well...bone... ;)

I am pretty serious, and I already looked back...I remembered her having a great game against us, while we were focused on Griner, she was benefiting under the basket. SHe has had a fairly good year....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think you two are talking about different people. OTP is talking about TAMU and Bone. I think.

Reaction Score
I am pretty serious, and I already looked back...I remembered her having a great game against us, while we were focused on Griner, she was benefiting under the basket. SHe has had a fairly good year....

Are you thinking Brooklyn Pope...I was talking about Kelsey Bone in Texas A&M's win over Kentucky in the SEC Tournament final. I agree, Pope had a very nice game against us...she's come on strong this year...!

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score

You're right OTP -

Kelsey Bone vs. UCONN

# Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF Tyler Phommachanh A TO BLK S MIN
03 Kelsey Bone......... * 3-7 1-1 1-2 0 3 3 1 8 0 2 0 1 25
31 Dolson, Stefanie.... * 11-15 0-1 2-3 2 4 6 1 24 5 3 1 3 29

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Unless Sims and Mulkey hit the skids again (Or some weird injury) you have clear sailing all the way to the FF.
The only teams that even have a chance will be there and only there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom