Should the Boneyard Be Represented? | The Boneyard

Should the Boneyard Be Represented?

Should there be a BY member representing the fans on the search committee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
This is a serious question. All the stakeholders should be represented including the fans. It would need to be a longtime fan who looks at things with a dispassionate analytical view who has played the game at the college level. I would be unqualified, but we need somebody with those qualifications. Self nomination encouraged.

There are those who would say "that'll be the day". So what? Should it happen?

I will vote Yes.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
The boneyard has a collective couldnt've done more worse than the previous 3 coaches lol

Reaction Score
When they get down to 3 candidates we should the incorporate Boneyard Dating Game Rules.

Reaction Score
I voted yes. It just can’t be someone normal though. Need to make sure whoever it is captures the true essence of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Dave reads and absorbs information here. This board offers good insight and a fantastic representation of the pulse of the fan base. That’s how we get our vote. Hopefully, we’ll have a chance to sound off on the likely candidates before a decision is made.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Should the Boneyard have some input into who we select as our next head coach?

Oh HELL NO!

Aside from the idea that the worst thing a sports franchise can do is let the fans pick the starting lineup, we have considerable evidence (just browse a few threads) that the collective football IQ of our posters sits somewhere between Lloyd Christmas and Forrest Gump.

Reaction Score
My secret sources say no way. The reasoning being that is how we ended up with Bob, Paul and Randy 2.0!

Reaction Score
There is only one answer... @Chief00 . He knows Dre and his ...he has educated us on football scheduling...and he fixed football recruiting.

Need I say more?
Thanks. While this is a necessary coaching change, a legitimate question is how do we protect the recruiting progress made this past year? Without a permanent head coach and associated vision, it will be challenging to maintain key commitments. Playing time is our one advantage and the schedule games you referenced assumes a competent team or else potentially enjoyable games turn into what we saw last weekend.
So while I appreciate the confidence you have in me, the goal will be elusive If we do hiring by committee. Search firms are fine to utilize but an AD needs to have that short list in his top desk draw. Sure, Chief has a couple of candidates he will mention, but ultimately it’s a defining moment for Dave.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's difficult to comprehend someone being so self absorbed that he interprets as praise what was clearly a sarcastic jab.
News flash, he is also being sarcastic. But prefaces his remarks with a couple serious points. I am guessing that you knew that, however.

Retention in this situation is the 1500 lbm elephant in the room. A partial reason I posted on the possibility of having players reps on an search committee a few days ago..

Reaction Score
This is a serious question. All the stakeholders should be represented including the fans. It would need to be a longtime fan who looks at things with a dispassionate analytical view who has played the game at the college level. I would be unqualified, but we need somebody with those qualifications. Self nomination encouraged.

There are those who would say "that'll be the day". So what? Should it happen?

I will vote Yes.
There does not exist in the universe such a person as described in bold above. I therefore vote no.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I voted yes. It just can’t be someone normal though. Need to make sure whoever it is captures the true essence of the Boneyard.
Do you know what alias CarlSpackler is using to post these days?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom