Should the AAC shift to a 16-game schedule? | The Boneyard

Should the AAC shift to a 16-game schedule?

Title

• Total voters

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If Wichita State doesn't join, should the conference go to a 16-game schedule to allow schools to schedule more marquee OOC games? Anyone have an update on WSU?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The AAC should:
1. Add Wichita State
2. Reduce Conference Games from 18 to 16
3. Require one of the newly created OOC games to be part of an AAC-A10 challenge. You could have matchups like UConn-Rhode Island, Cincinnati-Dayton, Temple-UMass, Memphis-VCU, Wichita St- Davidson, etc...
4. Group the conference into two "divisions" only for scheduling purposes--- Tier A: Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, Wichita St, Temple, (Conference Chooses 6th team each year--- this year would be SMU). The Tier A schools play H&H with the other 5 Tier A schools and only play the Tier B schools once for a total of 16 games.

Fixed.

Reaction Score
The AAC should:
1. Add Wichita State
2. Reduce Conference Games from 18 to 16
3. Require one of the newly created OOC games to be part of an AAC-A10 challenge. You could have matchups like UConn-Rhode Island, Cincinnati-Dayton, Temple-UMass, Memphis-VCU, Wichita St- Davidson, etc...
4. Group the conference into two "divisions" only for scheduling purposes--- Tier A: Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis, Wichita St, Temple, (Conference Chooses 6th team each year--- this year would be SMU). The Tier A schools play H&H with the other 5 Tier A schools and only play the Tier B schools once for a total of 16 games.

Fixed.
I had a simalar plan except for 2 , and substitute the Big East for A1o in 3
I was also targeting A1o teams like Dayton,or VCU in addition to WSU
Would Cinncy balk at Dayton?
With those additions it's a darn good BB conference.

Reaction Score
I had a simalar plan except for 2 , and substitute the Big East for A1o in 3
I was also targeting A1o teams like Dayton,or VCU in addition to WSU
Would Cinncy balk at Dayton?
With those additions it's a darn good BB conference.

The Big East has a challenge with the B1G. I'm kind of thinking it's unlikely they'd drop that for the AAC.

Reaction Score
The Big East has a challenge with the B1G. I'm kind of thinking it's unlikely they'd drop that for the AAC.

I don't believe they are mutually exclusive
That challenge is a bone to Fox
The Big East wouldn't be interested in more ESPN exposure?

Reaction Score
I just wish the scrubs of the league would learn how to schedule. The AAC should have a penalty clause. If your RPI is >200 more than once in a 5-year period, you forfeit any disbursements from the NCAA Tournament credits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom