Should squid have more titles? | The Boneyard

Should squid have more titles?

Reaction Score
I get his angle. The 2010 Wall/Cousins team should have won. I still can't believe they lost to WV and Duke with John Scheyer won the whole thing.

I would have mentioned 2011 because if they had Enes Kanter playing Center instead of Josh Harralson I'm not positive we would have beaten them.

The 2015 team was the best college team by far but they choked.

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how he gets the keys to a nice car every year and can’t drive for **t

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I get his angle. The 2010 Wall/Cousins team should have won. I still can't believe they lost to WV and Duke with John Scheyer won the whole thing.

I would have mentioned 2011 because if they had Enes Kanter playing Center instead of Josh Harralson I'm not positive we would have beaten them.

The 2015 team was the best college team by far but they choked.

No, the Harrison’s thought hey were the best players on the floor Ignored KAT and booker. They were beyond selfish that game.

Reaction Score
some of the nba draft guys that studied game tape of Knox, Alexander, Hami and others from this season have said it was a horrible coaching job by Cal this season. They went out of their way to mention it as it apparently jumped out in all of the game tape. I thought Cal just had a team that couldn't really shoot which created bad spacing but I don't think he is a coach with great strategy. Hami may have been a higher pick if he used his year and a half at uconn instead (as much as we have rightfully criticized ollie on player development).

Reaction Score
He should have won it in 09-10 with Wall, Bledsoe, and Cousins and he should have won it in 14-15 when he had Towns and Booker was coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
some of the nba draft guys that studied game tape of Knox, Alexander, Hami and others from this season have said it was a horrible coaching job by Cal this season. They went out of their way to mention it as it apparently jumped out in all of the game tape. I thought Cal just had a team that couldn't really shoot which created bad spacing but I don't think he is a coach with great strategy. Hami may have been a higher pick if he used his year and a half at uconn instead (as much as we have rightfully criticized ollie on player development).
One might also argue that having a bunch of freshman on your team every year, no matter how good they are, is hard, and not that great an idea after all if you care about winning national titles.

Reaction Score
No, the Harrison’s thought hey were the best players on the floor Ignored KAT and booker. They were beyond selfish that game.

So they choked, yes.

Reaction Score
Probably, but as much as I can't stand the guy he has to start from scratch every year with new players. And he rarely has even a sophomore on the floor to keep things running smoothly. That's not an easy task.

I would think that Cal believes his more important measure of success is players chosen in the lottery. And in that respect, he has few equals.

Reaction Score
Probably, but as much as I can't stand the guy he has to start from scratch every year with new players. And he rarely has even a sophomore on the floor to keep things running smoothly. That's not an easy task.

I would think that Cal believes his more important measure of success is players chosen in the lottery. And in that respect, he has few equals.
You fell for Cal's line of cr@p.

Reaction Score

The counterpoint is that it's not his job to get kids drafted, it's to win basketball games. He could assemble teams with experience but chooses not to.

Reaction Score
The counterpoint is that it's not his job to get kids drafted, it's to win basketball games. He could assemble teams with experience but chooses not to.
He does both, but I would say it's absolutely part of his job to get kids drafted. That's probably the single most important factor for a lot of the kids he recruits.

Reaction Score
I think a better question is: would Squid have any titles if he didn’t have Anthony Davis? Same question applies to Beiwhine with Carmelo.

Reaction Score
It's also his choice to do it that way, so he gets nothing, no Cal spinning crap on that one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think a better question is: would Squid have any titles if he didn’t have Anthony Davis? Same question applies to Beiwhine with Carmelo.

If you take transcendent players away from any team, they aren't winning a title.

No Kemba, no title. No Bazz, no title.

Doesn't matter if they are one and done or four year guys.

Reaction Score
These articles are stupid. If you added up the number of titles coaches should have won it would be triple the number of titles that have been played
Yeah but again the reason i posted it was because there's no mention of the two he didn't win because of UConn. The writer is still steamed about those and is stomping his feet like a kid.

I also feel like I need to post a photo of my cherished 2014 University of Kentucky Men's Basketball National Championship hat.

Screenshot_20180627-071357.png

That's not me - it's the guy I bought it from in Mongolia.

Reaction Score
Yeah but again the reason i posted it was because there's no mention of the two he didn't win because of UConn. The writer is still steamed about those and is stomping his feet like a kid.

I also feel like I need to post a photo of my cherished 2014 University of Kentucky Men's Basketball National Championship hat.

View attachment 32451

That's not me - it's the guy I bought it from in Mongolia.
Not meant to be a shot at you posting it. Was actually thinking about it when I saw Wolken tweeting about it over the weekend and this reminded me

Reaction Score
Not meant to be a shot at you posting it. Was actually thinking about it when I saw Wolken tweeting about it over the weekend and this reminded me
Yeah - no problem. I'd have to expect that a thread about Johnny Clam Chowder will take a life of its own.

I was just using your comment to drive home my point again...and to post that photo. :)

Reaction Score

Take any average coach, give him at least one quality assistant and give him a roster with at least ten McDonald's AA's and he will likely make the Final Four and win a couple times because they probably aren't as likely to choke at the end of games.

Reaction Score
He does both, but I would say it's absolutely part of his job to get kids drafted. That's probably the single most important factor for a lot of the kids he recruits.

And how well did Diallo and Gabriel do in the draft?
And how highly rated were they?
How well did they develop over the course of two years?

What would we all be saying about Ollie if he had Gabriel for two years and Gabriel averaged 6 points while playing 21 minutes, shooting 42% on 2's, 33% on 3/s and 59% on free throws?
There'd be all kinds of gnashing of teeth and bitching and moaning because he didn't develop this great player. Why are you so willing to give Calipari a pass on the same player and many others?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom