Should KU be worried about getting dumped from a Power 5 Conference? | The Boneyard

Should KU be worried about getting dumped from a Power 5 Conference?

Reaction Score
I still can't believe Nebraska fired Frank Solich.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The not so hidden message is that media will be paying individual schools/brands eventually. The B1o/SEC will obviously resist it where schools like Texas, Oklahoma, and even BYU/ND/UConn/Boise St will be in favor of it. The tipping point will be that big brand schools need to play someone. How will that work? Will conferences adopt an uneven distribution model? Will they stop requiring networks to feature lesser schools? Will networks start offering big dollar incentives to schools to abandon the conference contracts? Will these premium brands mostly play each other?

I don't think it will happen quickly if at all but, who ends up with broadcast and streaming rights when this current contract round expires.

The AAC and lesser conferences will decide first. If the next offer for AAC rights is no better than the current one, UConn should demand to negotiate on its own. Any 12 game FB schedule wouldn't be much worse if there are enough schools looking to fill their own content obligations. Same for BB.

The hiccup is that the conferences and TV control all the bowl slots in FB and most all of the BB tournament bids. You need access to both in order to survive, even if your name is Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
As I have said many times, a successful athletics department is inextricably linked to our broader mission as a flagship research university

But of course, like Macaroni and Cheez-its.

want to thank Sheahon for his service during the past seven years. Under his leadership, student-athlete GPAs reached an all-time high. Rock Chalk Park, McCarthy Hall, and the DeBruce Center are lasting tributes to his efforts. Most importantly, he prioritized our student-athletes and represented KU with integrity and class.

Dude totally mistook his job description by actually doing it.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Kansas really does seem to be getting their ducks in a row. I selfishly hope they hire Julie Hermann. I'd like to leapfrog them in the perception game, though maybe that isn't possible since in the eyes of the nation they are already P5 and therefor better than us.

Reaction Score
Kansas really does seem to be getting their ducks in a row. I selfishly hope they hire Julie Hermann. I'd like to leapfrog them in the perception game, though maybe that isn't possible since in the eyes of the nation they are already P5 and therefor better than us.

Their #2 guy (Lester) came from UConn w/ Perkins.

Reaction Score
67CA6D56-B094-4D14-9A35-FB38D021A039.jpeg
Wondering why we give a crap about KU,!???
I mean aside from the obvious...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is she giving the bird to the bird on her shirt? Or someone else? It took me at least 10 minutes of careful study to notice it. :D
She has hands?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Likely to the sleezy guy that snapped the photo

I'm gonna let my imagination run wild here, based on the angle of her right arm she's holding a smart phone, took a shelfy and she sent the photo to the guy who dumped her in the 9th grade. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom