Should All 5 UConn Starters Make All AAC Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Should All Starters Make the All AAC team this year? Should KML not make the team because she missed 12 games due to injury and illness? I'm presuming the AAC will have 10 players on their All AAC team. I'm also presuming that Stewie, Bria and Stef are locks for the team as they are also most likely on All American Teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If they have a 10-player team, I think so. The one possible omission would be KML because of lost playing time. That would be weird, because, if healthy, Kaleena is a top-10 player nationally.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Maybe KML can grab the AACT MVP if she gets shut out of the All Americans.

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn has probably the Best Starting 5...........A 5 that plays great together. But Louisville , RU, and USF perhaps have a player that's due consideration as well for AAC All-Conference Honors 1st team.... MoJeff and KML are definite candidates for the second team 5.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Jefferson leads the league in assists and A/TO and shooting percentage for the best team in the conference - no way she doesn't belong on that team. KML on the other hand missed too many games and was working her way into form in too many others. She is having a year like Bria had last year where the body just hasn't allowed her to perform the way she did as a sophomore and the way she will as a senior. I am hoping she like Bria did last year will be able to turn it on in the post season.

Reaction Score
Jefferson leads the league in assists and A/TO and shooting percentage for the best team in the conference - no way she doesn't belong on that team. KML on the other hand missed too many games and was working her way into form in too many others. She is having a year like Bria had last year where the body just hasn't allowed her to perform the way she did as a sophomore and the way she will as a senior. I am hoping she like Bria did last year will be able to turn it on in the post season.
Agreed. You can't hand out accolades based on potential, and it seems many on here are willing to anoint someone the best ever based on their potential or deserving of All American honors "because if they were healthy..." Well, the real world doesn't work that way, and while I'd hate to base everything on stats, it really is the only quantitative way to measure how well a player has performed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If it is a 10 member team the answer should be an unqualified, "Yes!"

Reaction Score
Can't vote. Don't know what this team is. Is it for somekind of personal honor, or is it league recognition. Kinda seems like a league thing. Maybe only one from each team? Perhaps voted on by each team. This way the Huskies could nominate a player like Pulido to represent.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a better question is that next year, with Louisville and Rutgers moving on, would any other player in the AAC be able to start if they were on the Uconn roster? And how many would even make the team?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Per the HC, all starters other than KML have made AAC First Team.

Reaction Score
The idea that they named a 10 member All-Star team for the AAC with members from SMU, Memphis, and So.Fla. on it is asinine! KML getting hurt/sick has stopped her from being named and Shoni Schimmel should be the 5th All-Star! 5 is your All-Star team! Why not name a 30 member All Conference team so everyone can feel good about themselves! KML and Kia Stokes were named to the 2nd team, which they didn't give a total # on the 2nd team! Saniya Chong was named to the All Freshmen team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom