Shot Selection | The Boneyard

Shot Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That is the key today. We need to stop taking so many contested threes off pullups or swing passes. SMU will play more man than Tulsa, so we have to attack the basket and get our threes off kick outs. UConn's offense against the zone was miserable last night, and the saving grace was that Tulsa's shot selection was worse than UConn's.

Shot selection is the key. The team that gets the most good looks will win, and we can count on SMU to work the ball and get good looks.

Reaction Score
i'm pretty sure smu plays straight man to man? which i'm excited for, if i recall they aren't a zone reliant team. we can get many looks vs man2man due to boatrights penetrating ability

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Agree that about preferring playing Man. We did not pass the ball to the free throw line more than 2-3 times yesterday that I can remember yesterday. Nolan was standing there all by himself on some possessions. I would have put Hamilton on the free throw line and had Nolan down low, but whatever, that guy is the way to attack the zone. Not just passing around the perimeter until someone jacks up a 3. On the play where Omar went to the line, he was standing just off the free throw line unguarded for about 5 seconds before Purvis passed to him.

We need to work the pick and roll well against SMU. The baseline flex play that Ollie runs so much will be tough because SMU switches so well against designed picks. They will read that play like a book.

Reaction Score
60267860.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member