Shot Quality Website is Free For 2 Days | The Boneyard

Shot Quality Website is Free For 2 Days

Reaction Score
For those that like data, the Shot Quality website is having a free preview for the next 2 days.

Some highlights... UConn 7th best shot quality differential in all of D1.
11th best offensive shot quality and 12th best defensive shot quality allowed.

84% of our shots are either 3s or at the rim, which is 95th in D1, or only a little above average. Gonna dig into this more.

Our offensive rebounding is one of the main things helping our offensive shot quality.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on shot quality, we should have lost the Auburn, Mich St, and Seton Hall games.

So won the Auburn game from good shooting, but lost the West Virginia game due to bad shooting. But otherwise record is expected (and they cancel out so really we're right where we should be record-wise).

Reaction Score
How effective our most common play types are compared to typical D1 shots.
uconnshotquality.png

Reaction Score
How effective our most common play types are compared to typical D1 shots.
uconnshotquality.png
interesting! thanks for posting. i have noticed sanogo getting more looks in the pick-and-roll and fewer post-ups lately -- i know the staff has an analytics contractor, so i imagine they are seeing similar numbers.

also interesting that polley seems to be our best open 3-point shooter, but martin is our best contested shooter. that jives with what i have seen all season. tyrese doesn't need much space to get it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom