Shot Distribution/Quality of Shot | The Boneyard

Shot Distribution/Quality of Shot

Reaction Score
I realize that we just played two mediocre teams and we have a lot improve on the offensive end, but this is an area where we’ve shown vast improvement. I believe the coaching staff deserves some credit for it.

Jordan Hawkins - Easy analysis. Our only volume shooter. Always has the green light. Was not at his best yesterday, but no reason to worry about him.

Adama Sanogo - Has improved his passing skills, which helps his shot selection. There are less times I’m screaming “NO” at the TV as he attacks double and triple teams. But I’m also impressed with his 3-point shooting. Relatively efficient shooter. Only takes them when he’s confident he can make them. 2nd on the team in 3PT %….Wow!

Tristen Newton - Finally attacking the rim and shooting with confidence. Please continue this trend. We’re much more successful with a confident Newt.

Alex Karaban - Excellent at reading the flow of the game and adjusts accordingly. When Hawk is hot, AK is willing to distribute rather than pulling the trigger. Yesterday, when Hawk was struggling a bit, AK made some big ones. I love this kid.

Andre Jackson - I’ve said previously that AJ’s shot selection should be dunks and layups with the occasional floaters and 3-pointers. His shot selection yesterday was excellent. The floater was ugly, but I still think this should be part of his repertoire. It sounds strange, but Adama should be his role model when it comes to 3-point shooting. Never thought I’d say that.

Let’s get more shots for Joey C. Go Huskies!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Agree except Joey C. None of the bench players is showing they deserve more shots. Stick with the big 3 plus whatever you can get Karaban in rhythm.

Reaction Score
Hawkins percentages are good especially since often times Jackson or one of the bigs will pass up an open perimeter shot for hawkins to come off a screen and shoot with one or two guys draped all over him. He gets so much attention from the defenses. Even more than Sanogo does.

pj

Reaction Score
Agree except Joey C. None of the bench players is showing they deserve more shots. Stick with the big 3 plus whatever you can get Karaban in rhythm.

Joey C might be getting beat up by Big East defenses. His 3 point shooting will probably come back by the NCAA tourney. Remember when Kemba was getting beat up and we went 9-9 in the Big East (4-7 in the last 11 conference games), but won the NCAA tourney? I wouldn't give up on Joey yet. He has to toughen up physically and mentally, but his time will come.

Reaction Score
Joey C might be getting beat up by Big East defenses. His 3 point shooting will probably come back by the NCAA tourney. Remember when Kemba was getting beat up and we went 9-9 in the Big East (4-7 in the last 11 conference games), but won the NCAA tourney? I wouldn't give up on Joey yet. He has to toughen up physically and mentally, but his time will come.
Let’s not compare Joey to Kemba.

Joey is not getting beat up by big east defenses. He’s a rotational player that can be useful when he gets hot.

No one expected much from him when he came here. He had a great start but is reverting towards what he shot for his career at USD.

If we are laying out postseason hopes on a guy that should play 5-8 minutes a game then we aren’t winning anything.

Reaction Score
On our drive to the buckets, Adama storming down the lane for the put back worked really well. It also gave him enough momentum to dunk a couple of times. It makes Adama a threat when he is in the high post, nice adjustment.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’m not ready to give up on Joey C, in fact I think he just needs to shoot his way out of his funk.

But the differences between him and Kemba’s “struggles” are many and not even close. For starters, Joey is being left open and missing wide open shots in rhythm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom