Short statement from Mrs. Herbst... | The Boneyard

Short statement from Mrs. Herbst...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
(posted on Facebook):

A Message From UConn President Susan Herbst:

“The past several days have magnified the period of instability that exists today in the world of college athletics. I want to say thank you to all of our loyal supporters and fans of UConn and our athletic programs for their patience during this time.

“Please know that we will always do what is in the best interests for the University of Connecticut.

“We remain committed to our ideals and principals in intercollegiate athletics and will continue to achieve excellence academically and athletically.”

Key word: patience. That's gonna be tough...

Reaction Score
An admission that events are well beyond UConn's control.

Reaction Score
Please know that we will always do what is in the best interests for the University of Connecticut.

I'm admittedly reading wayyyy too much into this, but I'm hoping that line means, 'Don't worry about reports of being 'committed' to the BE. We're out of here first chance we get.'

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Please know that we will always do what is in the best interests for the University of Connecticut.

I'm admittedly reading wayyyy too much into this, but I'm hoping that line means, 'Don't worry about reports of being 'committed' to the BE. We're out of here first chance we get.'

I don't think that is too far fetched.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You tell your conference you are committed to them, you tell your fans you are committed to the university. Seems like standard operating procedure. Based on recent events, I tend to believe that we bolt if given the opportunity though.

Reaction Score
As far as I can. tell, Uconn has only committed to rebuilding the big east. Not committed to staying in the big east. Big difference.

Reaction Score
When the President of the university misspells a word in an official message, does that bode well when others are sizing up the school's academic strengths?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just a brief aside - Herbst is the Prez's name. Her husband's name is Doug Hughes. So she is Ms. Herbst (which my son tells me means Autumn in German) or Mrs. Hughes.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I think we are playing this one in a wierd way. I would hope that we have some kind of assurance that we are in the ACC as long as Texas and Notre Dame don't fill both spots. Lets face it despite hearing that we have alot of places to go i'm not realy sure what that means and I am pretty sure one of them will not be the big 10 so that prety much leaves ACC or stay in the Big East. If we are not close to an invite I would hope we could be a bit more diplomatic and at least mention the Big East in our press statements.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Telling the rest of the world we want to leave when no one wants to take us just makes us look pathetic.

The only message should be that Pitt and Syracuse panicked and made a big mistake. Their loss.

Reaction Score
Telling the rest of the world we want to leave when no one wants to take us just makes us look pathetic.

The only message should be that Pitt and Syracuse panicked and made a big mistake. Their loss.

I would like to have made Pitt and SU's "mistake"

Reaction Score
I love the quote from her in Jacobs' article re being a political scientist and maneuvering to get what you want. She has been masterful since all this has gone down. Think about it, everybody & their mother knows Uconn wants. to follow cuse and pitt. Not one leak- nothing- that says something along the lines "sources indicate uconn to acc doubtful".

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Just a brief aside - Herbst is the Prez's name. Her husband's name is Doug Hughes. So she is Ms. Herbst (which my son tells me means Autumn in German) or Mrs. Hughes.

Interesting - I always thought that 'Mrs.' was to be used to note a woman's married state, regardless of her taking on her husband's surname or not. Apparently, that's not the case.

And that's 'One To Grow On'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69