short oubre recruiting update | The Boneyard

short oubre recruiting update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could definitely see Oubre flourishing under Pitino. However, I'd prefer he played for Ollie.

Reaction Score
It seems like many of his players get hurt at least one year...

Reaction Score
I kind of get the feeling we may have cooled off on Oubre a little bit. We know from one of the Bonzie Collins interviews that Coach KO wants to play 4 out 1 in which is what we're playing now. The perfect set up for that is a pg, 2 tall guards, a college stretch 4/NBA prototypical SF and a center. I used to think Facey's future here was at the 4, but now I think KO is comfortable with developing Phil Nolan and Facey to be our Centers (you can definitely be a college center @ 6'9" if you are as athletic as Facey is). We have Omar/Hamilton as a perfect 2s or 3s in the system. Think about the system we ran last year where Boat was actually playing PG for a lot of the first half and Shabazz played at the 2, then they switch during crunch time. I imagine Rodney will be our main 2 guard and will play the roll as the off PG. A perfect compliment to that will be Boat if he stays or a PG like Mcglaughlin or Brandone Francis. Very capable PGs that can score as well. I think that a scoring PG will be one of our 2 main targets for 2014.

The other position is the stretch 4. It'd be a bit tough for Oubre to play the 4 as he's only 6'6". I think that's why we're going so hard after Black/Abu/Robinson, etc. A guy that can REBOUND, set screens at the top of the key, and can open up the middle for our incredible guards. If we want to do well in Ollie's system I really think a scoring PG and a stretch 4 are the most important positions. I am big on Chukwu and Oubre, but I don't think I'll be as disappointed as a lot of folks on here if we miss on those guys

Edit: I know that's only 2 out of 3/4/or 5 scholarships we will have. I was just pointing out our 2 most critical positions as far as KOs system. With the extra scholarship(s) I'd obviously love for us to go after a Terry Larrier/Paschal Chukwu/Kelly Oubre/LJ Peak.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Kelly Oubre is a really good looking player, skilled and aggressive. I'm sure that Kevin Ollie would find playing time for him, but would rather have a big if we could only get one. But, since we can have more than one, let's get a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom