Short list of Creighton ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Short list of Creighton ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Whaley scored our first 9 points.
  2. Kaluma's play at 14:08 or so was actually a thing of beauty.
  3. Felt like DH should have called a timeout about 5 minutes in, when it seemed like nothing we threw up went in the hole. Thought that was the point where we needed something to change the momentum a little.
  4. I convinced myself that we weren't playing as badly as the scoreboard might indicate, but we were definitely shooting poorly. And rebounding poorly. And not defending worth spit. Uhm... Yeah I guess we were playing pretty awful. To be honest, Creighton didn't play all that much better. But they did shoot better.
  5. We played better in the 2nd half, but not better enough to make up for the spitstorm we served up in the first half.
  6. We somehow managed to win the rebound battle, albeit by one board.
  7. We had 18 offensive boards and Creighton had 32 Defensive boards. There are a lot of rebounds available at your end when you shoot less than 30% from the field. Felt like half of our offensive rebounds were missed tip-in attempts off missed shots.
  8. Can we feel a little better about the team winning everything to the right of the scoring columns? Rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and fewer turnovers? We just shot like blind men.
  9. Whaley was the only Husky to shoot over 50% from the field. Actually, he was the only Husky to play well tonight.
  10. Cole played a strong game, but shot horribly.
  11. Adama rebounded well, but shot lousy and was beaten on defense way too often and to easily.
  12. Not many ThoughtZ™ tonight. Our effort made my mind numb.

Reaction Score
I just don't like the lineup with two non-shooters (Whaley, Jackson). To his credit, Whaley stepped up big time.

Jackson seemed lost. He reverted to his freshman year tendencies. His defense is commendable, but man, the offense deficiencies are hurting the team.

As Hurley said in the post game press conference, he's got to get the bench going. He lost all trust in the bench (for good reason, I suppose, today), and therefore played Jackson tons of minutes despite his struggles.

Let's see if the coaches make adjustments on Saturday.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I just don't like the lineup with two non-shooters (Whaley, Jackson). To his credit, Whaley stepped up big time.

The lineup with Hawkins and Polley was worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom