Shooting Shooting Shooting | The Boneyard

Shooting Shooting Shooting

Reaction Score
I know that it’s not as simple as just canning shots because defensive assignments of your opponent can shut you down but last night the box score posted a season long familiar pattern. We shot 40% fg and 35% from 3. They went 55% from both. The 35% is better than our norm. We out rebounded and out assisted them but looking forward to next year, how does the shooting radically change on next year’s roster?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but my take on last night's game (at least on offense) was that we decided to share the ball for the bulk of the first half and our offense looked better than any time in recent memory. We spent the bulk of the second half reverting to old habits and looked as bad as we've often (far too often) looked over the past couple of years.

It seems that too many on this team don't get it (blame falls on the coaches for not instilling a philosophy and culture of passing the ball) and prefer doing their thing to playing team ball.

Reaction Score
How about just defending? We were celebrating two former players making the AllStar game last night by playing Allstar game defense. Just holes everywhere, no back line protection and very late close outs. Who's the X's and O's guy on the bench that decides to go 2-3 zone against a team that hit 17 threes against us last time we played? Every time we went zone they found an open shooter, then as predictable as we are went man next possession and allowed a drive to the hoop with no help at the rim. We used to choke teams out, now we just hope they get gassed.

Reaction Score
Is this a one handed jump shot?

mbb+2.jpg

Reaction Score
We struggle shooting the ball. But a huge part of it is that we tend to have a tough time getting guys shots in rhythm, with good looks. I was bored a few weeks ago and broke down the first half of a game we won and only 50% of the time did we actually get a "good" look; one that was not off the dribble, 1-on-3, or a heat check with a hand in the face. In comparison, I looked at some of our previous teams and it was like 75-85% of the time we'd get open looks. So as bad as we are, collectively, shooting the ball. The absolute inability for the offense to create makeable shots just exasperates our weakness.

Reaction Score
Is this a one handed jump shot?

mbb+2.jpg

He releases a little early with the off hand but thats not the biggest issue at all.

He fades so much that the energy from his legs doesnt propel the ball, and the shot is super flat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom