Shooting Range of UConn players | The Boneyard

Shooting Range of UConn players

Reaction Score
The 3 point line is 22ft 1in. What is the shooting range of UConn players who seem to be accurate and with quicker release from deeper than ever.

The pro line is 23 ft 9 in and 22 ft 3 in from corner.

As a comparison this is Stephen Curry's range.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm going to be honest my guy, I have no idea what you're asking in this post.

Fwiw, Joey, Newton and Hawkins seem to be the guys with consistent NBA range. Karaban and Sanogo seem to only shoot right on the line. Not sure about Alleyne.
Newton in particular seems unbothered by being a few feet father out.

Reaction Score
All of them can shoot it from deeper, but so much of shooting is between the ears. Newton, Joey and Hawk are confident long ball shooters with extended range and great mechanics.

Alleyne and Karaban don’t have that effortless stroke. They are good shooters but not elite. Karaban will likely extend his range greatly over the next year or two. Alleyne may have more range than I realize, but the odd form doesn’t scream pure shooter.

caw

Reaction Score

Have a ball. You can also play with other zones and stuff on the above site. This shot chart is simply distance.

3PT Shooting UConn.jpg

EDIT: I don't think it would surprise anyone that Joey is the least affected by added distance on his shot. Hawkins drops just 6% while Alleyne and Karaban suffer the next least at 8-10%.

Newton and Jackson are thumped pretty badly by it at 18 and 20%.

If anything this shows that Jackson is actually a decent shooter when he's on the line and Newton is fantastic on the line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great chart! Mostly what one would expect.
Surprising: Newton SO accurate right on line!
Unsurprising: 1) Alleyne drop off if too deep-seems like he & staff figured out mid-season, 2) Joey accurate from way deep 3) AJ dropoff if too deep

Reaction Score
Great Chart Caw. I checked vrs Gonzaga and they look very strong inside (Timms) and pretty comparable to us outside. Going to be a good game on paper anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be honest my guy, I have no idea what you're asking in this post.

Fwiw, Joey, Newton and Hawkins seem to be the guys with consistent NBA range. Karaban and Sanogo seem to only shoot right on the line. Not sure about Alleyne.
Karaban I think struggled at times earlier in the year where he'd set up a foot or two farther back than needed and he missed a bunch.

Sanogo is the best I've ever seen at setting up like an inch behind the line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Have a ball. You can also play with other zones and stuff on the above site. This shot chart is simply distance.

View attachment 85829

EDIT: I don't think it would surprise anyone that Joey is the least affected by added distance on his shot. Hawkins drops just 6% while Alleyne and Karaban suffer the next least at 8-10%.

If anything this shows that Jackson is actually a decent shooter when he's on the line and Newton is fantastic on the line.
m8qnbZt.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

View attachment 85829

Nice one Math Nerd!

Have one for recency bias. Seems Newton has been making some deep ones lately.

Reaction Score

View attachment 85829

Jackson and Newton numbers probably suffer from forced shots when clock running out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom