Shonn Miller is going to give the team what Daniels did | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller is going to give the team what Daniels did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Inside outside play and more importantly the ability to stretch the floor at the 4. This is going to help everyone with more space and driving lanes. Were going to have knockdown 3 point shooters and slashers at every position with a 5 who finishes very well and should be 10-15 pounds heavier next year.

Reaction Score
Miller is not a stretch four. He may get to the point where he becomes an adequate three point shooter, and I would not be surprised if he did, but it's never going to be his primary calling like it was for a guy like Daniels.

Really, he's far more Jeff Adrien, IMO. Slightly undersized, ferocious on the boards, decent passing skills, high IQ, rim protection, and range that probably is more suited for mid-range jumpers.

He'll give us everything you'd want from a conventional four man and blend in enough new-school skills to function as a key cog in an efficient offense.

Reaction Score
Inside outside play and more importantly the ability to stretch the floor at the 4. This is going to help everyone with more space and driving lanes. Were going to have knockdown 3 point shooters and slashers at every position with a 5 who finishes very well and should be 10-15 pounds heavier next year.
I love having Miller as our starting 4, and he'll probably hoist some shots from beyond the three point line, but he won't be able to stretch the floor like Daniels. Daniels hit close to 42% from three in his last year. Shonn Miller is a career 26% from three.

Reaction Score
I love having Miller as our starting 4, and he'll probably hoist some shots from beyond the three point line, but he won't be able to stretch the floor like Daniels. Daniels hit close to 42% from three in his last year. Shonn Miller is a career 26% from three.
I agree. If the can get that percentage up to 33, with all the weapons we have(and maybe one more coming), that would be fantastic.

Reaction Score
Miller shot 83% from the FT line last year, which would make him far and away the best FT shooter in the starting lineup (even including Gibbs unfortunately). We want him attacking the rim as often as possible.

Reaction Score
Caveats for the questionable nature of advanced defensive statistics in basketball, but what Miller's coach said about his defense is definitely backed up by the numbers. S-R has him at a DRtg of 85.7, which was 7th in the country last year (KAT and WCS were #1 and #2). The best UConn had (other than Pat Lenehan's 84.5 in 7 minutes played) was Hamilton at 92.7.

For anyone unfamiliar DRtg is an estimate of points allowed by a player over the course of 100 possession, so the lower the better. In other words, Miller is a terrific defender, so this is a huge get.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
What he will bring on defense and rebounding will be key. He is a capable outside scorer, but just like DD, he can put the ball on the floor and make a move with 2-3dribbles and then finish...something we didn't have at the 4, except when DHam was there. I am excited to see how his passing ability will positively effect the team chemistry. He averaged an assist per game, so he is likely a good passer.

Reaction Score
Scrappy never says "I believe", "I feel", "should/maybe", etc... His confidence is unparalleled on this board. If he majors in political science, who knows, Washington could certainly be in his future.

Once his assertions become true, even atheists will repent.

Post on Scrappy! You da Man.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for at least a senior year Gavin Edwards
that wouldn't be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads