Shocker: UNCheat will likely be getting off easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looks like an emerging farce. Emmert is at the helm of the most corrupt organization in college sports.

Second. FIFA has the NCAA beat.

Just a random thought, if UNC successfully throws its women's basketball team under the bus to save the men's basketball team, any chance that could expose UNC to Title XI liabilities?

Reaction Score
FIFA is horrid, but I didn't think they had anything to do with college sports. Re: the UNC WBB team, they'll get thrown under the bus only if they allow it to happen, IMO.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Come on people, we all knew that Emmert wasn't going to let blue blood UNC go down for this.

Typical NCAA and Emmert.

Reaction Score
The purpose of this letter and its enclosure is to provide the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, with an amended notice of allegations. Please note that the policies and procedures outlined in the May 20, 2015, notice of allegations and corresponding cover letter still apply.

I think that given this opening paragraph the NCAA is still pursuing the allegations in the original notice........maybe misreading it but hard to imagine it was just dropped

Reaction Score
The purpose of this letter and its enclosure is to provide the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, with an amended notice of allegations. Please note that the policies and procedures outlined in the May 20, 2015, notice of allegations and corresponding cover letter still apply.

I think that given this opening paragraph the NCAA is still pursuing the allegations in the original notice...maybe misreading it but hard to imagine it was just dropped

I think what people are missing when they say this, is that what I bolded in your quote is referring to just the name of the original document. Having the comma after the date seems to add to the confusion. So the "policies and procedures" is only referring to how UNC is supposed to respond i.e. in a word document sent to person x at email address y etc. as that is in the original document, but not in the new one.

Remember, amend means to make changes... append means to add on to, this is an amended (changed) not appended (added onto) notice of allegations

Reaction Score
UNC basically enrolled their athletes in Trump University and the NCAA is like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction Score
I think what people are missing when they say this, is that what I bolded in your quote is referring to just the name of the original document. Having the comma after the date seems to add to the confusion. So the "policies and procedures" is only referring to how UNC is supposed to respond i.e. in a word document sent to person x at email address y etc. as that is in the original document, but not in the new one.

Remember, amend means to make changes... append means to add on to, this is an amended (changed) not appended (added onto) notice of allegations

I agree with your logic.....but UNC never responded to the original allegations....so there could be no basis for the amended notice not really being an appended notice......but i am crazy to think the NCAA unilaterally withdrew the original allegations......that would be quite the scandal

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I agree with your logic.....but UNC never responded to the original allegations....so there could be no basis for the amended notice not really being an appended notice.but i am crazy to think the NCAA unilaterally withdrew the original allegations.that would be quite the scandal
From what I was seeing on another forum., they were saying that most of the talking heads online agreed that it appeared the MBB and MFB were being removed from the NOA. The WBB team was being thrown under the bus. It's criminal what appears to be going on.

Reaction Score
From what I was seeing on another forum., they were saying that most of the talking heads online agreed that it appeared the MBB and MFB were being removed from the NOA. The WBB team was being thrown under the bus. It's criminal what appears to be going on.

Agreed...NY Times Reporter confirmed with NCAA.....P5.....different rules from the rest?

Reaction Score
In other news, Mark Emmert said the NCAA was opening an investigation into the UConn MBB team as it has been reported that Coach Ollie has only graduated 98% of his players falling short of the required 100% to remain eligible for the NCAA tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom