Shirreffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yes. he can make plays and offense line gave him time

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Agreed. He looked composed out there. Great first start. He will only get better. It was also obvious in the play calling that the coaches trusted him.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I also liked how he played outside the redzone and inside the redzone....

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I liked a lot of what I saw from him tonight.

Nice touch, pocket presence and mobile enough to pick up a first down.

Have to see what happens against stiffer competition, but do we have a QB?
Well, it's not like our past QB's have set a high bar. But, I think he did excellent against a better than what people think team, in Villanova.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He's a potentially better version of Lorenzen. They have to keep him healthy. Second half took too many shots.

Reaction Score
He can't take those shots against FBS teams.

Diaco needs to protect this kid, especially after Casey and almost crippling Chandler Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Easily the best QB we've had since Frazer. Easily has the ceiling to be better than Frazer and Lorenzen...could be the best QB we've had since Orlovsky. There's a lot to love about his poise. I thought he was fairly accurate...many drops were as much on the receiver. One incompletion in the first quarter really was a perfect pass over the shoulder where the defender could not possibly get to it. Gotta love his ability to run, especially when plays break down. He definitely has a pretty good football IQ when a quick decision needs to be made.

Always room for improvement, but there is a lot that BS can build on from his good performance tonight.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I liked how his comfort level and command of the team seem to improve over the course of the game. If a couple of those TE passes connected, it would have gone from a solid debut to stellar.

Reaction Score
He can't take those shots against FBS teams.

Diaco needs to protect this kid, especially after Casey and almost crippling Chandler Whitmer.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Particularly on the road against D1 teams.

Reaction Score
Boyle's name must never be spoken again. No reps, no sharing, etc. Shirreffs time.

Reaction Score
I think you hit the nail on the head. Particularly on the road against D1 teams.

Absolutly he needs to learn to slide, run out of bounds however a guy who isn't afraid to take a hit I hope that can rub off on the oline and get them to go to war for the guy.

Reaction Score
I watched about half the game. Only knock on Shirreffs was the play in the 4th where he was scrambling out to the right on 3rd (or 2nd, can't remember) and 2-ish. Had some room and a blocker, but suddenly decided to go lateral and didn't get anything. Must get your First Downs. Must!!

Broadcasters mentioned this was something staff was working on with him, though. Other than that, just behind guys a little bit on a number of passes. Resulted in an Int. That'll come with time and reps.

It was nice to not get pissed at a QB for a change.

Reaction Score
He played with a noticeable amount of passion and heart. Very welcome change of pace considering I felt like I needed to check Whitmer's pulse during most games last year.

Welcome, Bryant. Glad we have you.

Reaction Score
He looks like a legit quarterback. Supposedly he has the weakest arm of the three but I thought he threw some bullets tonight. If so the future looks bright. Had a few dropped passes by tight ends that should have been caught.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

I will not call you crazy. Very proficient passing, ran for a very important 33 yards (2 big conversions) and managed the game very well. Had a Whitmerception after a nice drive, but played the best in 2 years outside of Casey's crazy performance against Memphis.

Whitmerception: a. An inexplicable almost flukish interception thrown at then end of an encouraging drive down the field.

Reaction Score
Reminds me so much of Tyler Lorenzan (the healthy version). Didn't force anything.

I know it's an fcs school, but he really played well.

Reaction Score
Jax Husky said:
His throwing motion is a lot smoother than Lorenzen's, but the skill set overall is very similar.

Yeah, year 2, Tyler was throwing ball like shotput, but it was injury.

Shirreffs throws a very catchable ball and, like Tyler, he seems to have a knack of knowing when to run and pick up 5 yards. I love how he didn't try to force things and took the short and intermediate throws.

Reaction Score
Thought Sherriffs did well tonight in his first game after sitting out a year. He seems to be a great leader and has the respect of the team. After what he have dealt with in the past at the QB spot I am intrigued to see what BS can do this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom