She's Back: Meg Greenlighted To Play | The Boneyard

She's Back: Meg Greenlighted To Play

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn’s Megan Walker to return against Oklahoma - Hartford Courant

“It’s hard,” Walker said of starting to practice again. “You feel like you’ve been out forever, but [it’s] just pushing through and trying to get your conditioning back. That’s the main thing, really, is conditioning. You’ve been sitting around 10 days or seven days, so it’s just trying to get your legs back.”

Kyla can spell her.

1545083097433.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Boss:

“It took a while to get back in the swing of things, but she hasn’t missed any time since. It started out just halfcourt stuff and it’s gotten back to normal, like everything. She got pretty dehydrated and she didn’t eat much, so she was a little bit sluggish. Little by little, it’s coming back.”

“I feel like since taking 10 days off, it’s still going to be a process to get back to where I was,” she said. “But I’m starting to feel better leg-wise, getting up and down (the basketball court), getting used to that again.”

UConn’s Walker back in the lineup

Also talks about Christyn's family making a little trip to OK to watch her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad to see she's getting better. It's amazing how much even a small injury or illness can set someone back...

Reaction Score
The Boss:

“It took a while to get back in the swing of things, but she hasn’t missed any time since. It started out just halfcourt stuff and it’s gotten back to normal, like everything. She got pretty dehydrated and she didn’t eat much, so she was a little bit sluggish. Little by little, it’s coming back.”

“I feel like since taking 10 days off, it’s still going to be a process to get back to where I was,” she said. “But I’m starting to feel better leg-wise, getting up and down (the basketball court), getting used to that again.”

UConn’s Walker back in the lineup

Also talks about Christyn's family making a little trip to OK to watch her.

5 hour from NLR to Norman?? Someone has a heavy foot. I did that every other weekend for a long time. It took me 6 hour. The Conway group (HS) could make it closer to 5. I am thrilled that her family and 10 friends get to see this Phenom play against a Div 1 team. Congrats Okey Dokie!!

Megan Walker, is on the mend. Hope it is a full recovery Uc needs not relapses.
Thanks Rocky per usual; a really good find.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
5 hour from NLR to Norman?? Someone has a heavy foot. I did that every other weekend for a long time. It took me 6 hour. The Conway group (HS) could make it closer to 5. I am thrilled that her family and 10 friends get to see this Phenom play against a Div 1 team. Congrats Okey Dokie!!

Megan Walker, is on the mend. Hope it is a full recovery Uc needs not relapses.
Thanks Rocky per usual; a really good find.

The roads are paved now.

Reaction Score
The roads are paved now.
That's one I would have expected from BAMA-----yet FUNNNNNY\
However, the first time the Navy sent me to Norman the roads made sharp 90 degree turns because the farmers all had 1 mile by 1mile sections and the roads from OKC followed along side of sections. When I lived in Yukon they straightened out the roads mostly because Garth Brooks or Hank Thompson fans needed straight lines to drive home. Garth went to school in Yukon--then bought the town.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That's one I would have expected from BAMA-----yet FUNNNNNY\
However, the first time the Navy sent me to Norman the roads made sharp 90 degree turns because the farmers all had 1 mile by 1mile sections and the roads from OKC followed along side of sections. When I lived in Yukon they straightened out the roads mostly because Garth Brooks or Hank Thompson fans needed straight lines to drive home. Garth went to school in Yukon--then bought the town.
vtcwbuff beat me to it. Made my day with a comical start! Google maps shows a trip of 340 miles, and 5 hours and 8 minutes driving time from NLR,Ar to Norman,Ok. The times they are a changin' B'way! :D

Reaction Score
Ha! That is funny. Great start to my day! And full of those newfangled horseless carriages! :rolleyes:
The buck board I drove from Plymouth to Thomaston broke down on I-40 and never made it to OKLA.
vtcwbuff beat me to it. Made my day with a comical start! Google maps shows a trip of 340 miles, and 5 hours and 8 minutes driving time from NLR,Ar to Norman,Ok. The times they are a changin' B'way! :D
Times are certainly changing: For the worst! Those same highways turn into parking lots on Friday and Sunday evenings--Google time is perfection time. Traffic thru OKC on Friday and Sat (when real cowboys come to town) slows big time. My odometer indicated from start to stop of 360---I averaged 60 mph. To average 60 the typical speed has to exceed that by nearly10 mph to account for slow downs, gas stop--if there are any accidents--forget anything near google.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I hope she can she match KML after her even more dreaded mono. Recollect that she made about 7 threes her first game back???
If you are thinking of the year that KML came back and hit all those 3's in the Duke game, she was not out because of mono or any other illness prior to that game. She was out because she was injured at Gampel in a rebounding collision with Chiney Ogwumike in a game against Stanford. She didn't even start the Duke game, which makes her performance even more remarkable.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Better look at "The Scream" Play!

Also a fascinating look at Geno and Kay talking leadership. I'd see a shorter version, but this is new to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope she can she match KML after her even more dreaded mono. Recollect that she made about 7 threes her first game back???
I think Triad may remember that. :D

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am glad to hear Megan is back to 100%, and she will be playing against Oklahoma.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am glad to hear Megan is back to 100%, and she will be playing against Oklahoma.

I am not sure 100% is the case. Geno was being cautious in describing her return to full form. I am guessing she may be on limited minutes

Reaction Score
If you are thinking of the year that KML came back and hit all those 3's in the Duke game, she was not out because of mono or any other illness prior to that game. She was out because she was injured at Gampel in a rebounding collision with Chiney Ogwumike in a game against Stanford. She didn't even start the Duke game, which makes her performance even more remarkable.

THat is certainly true JoePgh. But wasn't she also out a while with mono on another ocassion?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
THat is certainly true JoePgh. But wasn't she also out a while with mono on another ocassion?

"With news that Connecticut junior All-American forward Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis will miss three to six weeks as a result of mononucleosis -- the long end of her estimated absence butting up against the Sweet 16 and leaving seemingly little time for any athlete to round back into game form -- the No. 1 team is down to seven scholarship players and four core contributors. " Hays: Four starters left should be enough for UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom