Sherman: "Manning throws ducks." | The Boneyard

Sherman: "Manning throws ducks."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
They have been talking about Manning's throws all week. They seem to just hang in the air. But he makes the throw well before the receiver is open. It's just great touch passing.

Reaction Score
I'm about to open a can of worms here, but so what. Cochran has the same problem, looks like a weak arm, but he's throwing to space most of the time.

Reaction Score
This guy has more upside then Peyton Manning according to Mel Kiper

Reaction Score
Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had a cannon for an arm

Jeff George had that strongest throw I"ve ever seen in person. I've never seen anyone throw as far and with as much force as that guy did. I'm talking 60 yards and the ball never more than 12 feet off the ground.

Reaction Score
Jeff George had that strongest throw I"ve ever seen in person. I've never seen anyone throw as far and with as much force as that guy did. I'm talking 60 yards and the ball never more than 12 feet off the ground.

yes thats all and good, but if you don't have it upstairs then it doesn't matter, he actually wasn't all that bad of an NFL qb though compared to other busts

Reaction Score
I'm about to open a can of worms here, but so what. Cochran has the same problem, looks like a weak arm, but he's throwing to space most of the time.

The say that the difference between truly elite athletes and the rest is that they have the ability to anticipate the future better than the rest. Bill Polian says that Peyton can tell when a receiver is going to get open before the receiver can, so he throws the ball to a spot that only the receiver can get to. I don't even think it's about armstrength.

Reaction Score

Agree. I was at Colts-Jets game the year that was the only game the Colts won. He made two throws that seemed totally inhuman.

Reaction Score
The say that the difference between truly elite athletes and the rest is that they have the ability to anticipate

That's right. I once was at a minor league hockey game sitting next to a scout. I mentioned that the guys we were watching were very good and I asked him what was the biggest difference between these guys and the best in the NHL. He didn't say size and speed (which are obvious), he said "In the NHL, the great ones don't pass the puck to where a player is--they pass the puck to where the player will be. It's all about anticipation"

Reaction Score
I watched Jesse Palmer throw perfect spiral after perfect spiral giants training camp. It was the prettiest thing you ever saw. I would still prefer Payton.

Reaction Score
If the old adage stands true defense wins championships, the hawks should win right? I kind of want to see Manning light up Sherman but still lose. I'm a bias NYG and Eli fan, 2-1 in chips..

Reaction Score
If the old adage stands true defense wins championships, the hawks should win right? I kind of want to see Manning light up Sherman but still lose. I'm a bias NYG and Eli fan, 2-1 in chips..

I guess it depends on what is better. The Seahawks D or the Broncos O?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom