She Can Still Play - Memba Her? | The Boneyard

She Can Still Play - Memba Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is it too late to say I miss that smile?

Reaction Score
When Renee was in rhythm that little jump shot wasted no time in rattling home...from any distance. Could single-handedly take over a game...against most any opponent. Her specialty was dropping backbreaking, rally killing threes and a moment later hitting another just to emphasize who was boss.
IMHO, far too many conversations/debates about UConn's great point guards make far too little mention of Montgomery. Live long and prosper #20.

Last edited:

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This was the kid who came out of West Virginia playing in the shadow of Tennessee player Alexis Hornbuckle also from W. Virginia. I would say that Renee has emerged from that shadow and now has earned her way into one of the elite members of the WNBA. Way to go Renee...your hard work has certainly paid off. Go Huskies!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When Renee was in rhythm that little jump shot wasted no time in rattling home...from any distance. Could single-handedly take over a game...against most any opponent. Her specialty was dropping backbreaking, rally killing threes and a moment later hitting another just to emphasize who was boss.
IMHO, far too many conversations/debates about UConn's great point guards make far too little mention of Montgomery. Live long and prosper #20.
She was a really really good point guard for Uconn, unfortunately for her 'reputation' Uconn has produced a few legendary PGs who put together astonishing careers. That is true for other really really good players at Uconn as well - Sveta and Sales for example often get less than their due because of players like Maya and Breanna. And Bria as a PG wasn't too shabby either, but falls into that other PGs category when people talk of Sue and Moriah and DT and the one who started it Jen.

Reaction Score
This was the kid who came out of West Virginia playing in the shadow of Tennessee player Alexis Hornbuckle also from W. Virginia. I would say that Renee has emerged from that shadow and now has earned her way into one of the elite members of the WNBA. Way to go Renee...your hard work has certainly paid off. Go Huskies!!!

Uconn got the right W Virginia player

Reaction Score
Is it too late to say I miss that smile?
It's never too late to miss anything about Rene--the West Virginia lady---I miss her dagger 3's, her driving attacks at the basket, and the off the side of basket scores.She knew how to use the backboard! Having said that--you'd think she was 6 ft tall!!

Reaction Score
She was a really really good point guard for Uconn, unfortunately for her 'reputation' Uconn has produced a few legendary PGs who put together astonishing careers. That is true for other really really good players at Uconn as well - Sveta and Sales for example often get less than their due because of players like Maya and Breanna. And Bria as a PG wasn't too shabby either, but falls into that other PGs category when people talk of Sue and Moriah and DT and the one who started it Jen.
You are right Svet, Sales, Rene, Bria --sometimes gets lost in the mix of greatness--However--many of us long time UC fans --shall never forget SALES--SVETA-RENE----This UC program would not have been this program without them. Sveta made noise both on the court and with the media- lSales was/is a Connecticut lady, hobbled before breaking a record-Rene, was quiet off the floor--but delivered every game on the court. I'll never for get those 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom