Shark-soup ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Shark-soup ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. We got very careless with the ball as the middle of the first half approached. 3 TOs on 4 possessions? Against a team that hasn't tasted success in the last month? That's not UConn basketball.
  2. Hawkins is on fire.
  3. Clingan's size isn't the only thing going for him on the boards. His hand strength is impressive. Once he's got a grip on it, you ain't knockin' the ball free.
  4. Ajax seemed super involved in the game early, and then he went to the bench and never came back in the first half. I think he only played about 20 minutes overall. Think Hurley wanted the other points to get in some extra work.
  5. Start of the second half, ref called a magical mystery foul on Hawkins. Announcers said it was a late whistle for contact on the initial move. But they gave the guy two foul shots, so it had to be on the shot. But Hawkins was flat on his back by the time the kid shot the ball. Rewatched it twice and never saw an actual foul by Hawk.
  6. Broke 100 with 6:20 left in the game.
  7. 38 to 18 rebound advantage
  8. 29 to 5 assist advantage. All starters at least 2 assists. Ajax and Newton 70 cents apiece.
  9. Ajax only took 3 shots. Made 'em all, plus a couple FTs in addition to his 7 dimes, 3 boards, 2 blocks and a steal.
  10. We shot a higher percentage from the field than LIU did from the foul line, and a higher percentage from 3 than LIU did on all FGs.
  11. Alleyne's best game as a Husky. 21 minutes, 66.7% shooting, 11 points, a dime and a steal. Once he got it rolling, you could almost feel the confidence coming back to him.
  12. Emmet Hendry finally touched the ball during a game! I recall this kid "announcing his commitment" at a ceremony of sorts with the rest of the Montverde team, and the Boneyard collectively wondered who the hell he was. He's the cheerleadingest walkon in history, that's who he is.
  13. In a new, and most likely one-time-only ThoughtZ™ feature, here's my highlight reel plays...

First half
    19:45 Jackson dunk off Tristen's lob.
    15:06 Hawkins drive and no-look layup
    13:35 JoeyC comes into the game and 5 seconds later, swishes one from deep. Shooting just comes natural to that kid.
    13:07 Ajax steal, 360 spin at full tilt boogie to lose the defender, then a behind the back dribble to avoid another Shark and finish with a stuff.
    9:13 Hawkins rocket pass to Clingan for the stuff.
    7:36 Great pass from Ajax to Adama in the paint. He's double covered, tries to turn right, no opening. Spins left, same deal. That extra defender that followed the ball in to Sanogo left Karaban unguarded in three point territory. Sanogo passes out to him for the uncontested three.
    5:21 Sanogo rebounds the missed FT and goes coast-to-coast for the layup.
    5:07 And he jumps out to the perimeter to steal the next possession and take it all the way to the rim for another deuce.
    0:57 JoeyC's 3/4 court pass to Clingan on the fly for an easy layup.
    2nd half
    13:08 Broken play. JoeyC picks up the loose ball and fires it to an open Ajax in the paint, but a foot behind the backboard. I was ready for a spectacular, back hand dunk. But Ajax saw Clingan 5 feet away, and flipped the ball to him for the sure two instead of the highlight reel move.
    11:32 Karaban to Diarra to Karaban for the stuff. Almost looked like a set play.
    10:35 Hawkins drive and over the shoulder flip to Clingan for the dunk.
    6:33 Ajax block grabbed by Karaban. To Ajax at full stride. Drop back bounce pass to Karaban, to Alleyne for the three.

Reaction Score
I was really happy to see Alleyne get a few buckets. Hurley left him in the game awhile I'm gathering to give him a chance to get some momentum and confidence.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
That's what you lead with? I swear everyone's on dope.
That was accidental. Several of what I ended up turning into a "highlight reel" were ahead of it, but when I made that it's own feature and they got moved to the end, it left that sitting there as #1. My bad.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That's what you lead with? I swear everyone's on dope.
Something to consider: after items 2-13, I'd completely forgotten about #1 until you brought it to the forefront an hour after the initial post. I even had to scroll back to see what you were referring to.

And,for the record, I haven't had any dope yet today, though I'm in an ER waiting room and the night is young.

Reaction Score
Something to consider: after items 2-13, I'd completely forgotten about #1 until you brought it to the forefront an hour after the initial post. I even had to scroll back to see what you were referring to.

And,for the record, I haven't had any dope yet today, though I'm in an ER waiting room and the night is young.
It’s Saturday night and it’s not even midnight yet. Keep trucking. Get out of the ER and finish the night hard.

Reaction Score

Hope all is well

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s Saturday night and it’s not even midnight yet. Keep trucking. Get out of the ER and finish the night hard.
Thanks for the good wishes, but I've got a feeling I'll be moving slowly when I eventually walk out who knows when.

The very sensitive site of a pea-sized cyst that has been completely stable for more more than a decade decided to morph into something very very different 2 nights ago, and I've since learned a lot about what my Medicare Advantage plan does & doesn't do well in providing urgent care when I am hundreds of miles from where I'm enrolled.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Thanks for the good wishes, but I've got a feeling I'll be moving slowly when I eventually walk out who knows when.

The very sensitive site of a pea-sized cyst that has been completely stable for more more than a decade decided to morph into something very very different 2 nights ago, and I've since learned a lot about what my Medicare Advantage plan does & doesn't do well in providing urgent care when I am hundreds of miles from where I'm enrolled.
Hope things go well

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Hoping for a swift resolution with minimal pain for you.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Back home in a bit more than 12 hours, with a successfully drained abscess.

12 hours further into the process, I have some site discomfort, a regimen of 2 antibiotics for the coming week, and I'm planning another gentle day tomorrow. 3-8 week range was communicated for full healing, but not expected to be any big deal.

I am not looking forward to learning what my 30% co-pay on an out-of-network hospital visit & surgical procedure will add up to. This is an under-to-undiscussed dimension of Medicare Advantage plans.

On balance, much to be grateful for.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am not looking forward to learning what my 30% co-pay on an out-of-network hospital visit & surgical procedure will add up to. This is an under-to-undiscussed dimension of Medicare Advantage plans.
With the plan my wife and I are in, Out of State emergency room treatment is covered just as if we were home, but if the ER docs want to keep you overnight for 'observation', that's not an emergency, and the copay is some asinine amount. But that all relates to a hospital ER. A walk-in medical clinic falls under different and much less generous rules.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
With the plan my wife and I are in, Out of State emergency room treatment is covered just as if we were home, but if the ER docs want to keep you overnight for 'observation', that's not an emergency, and the copay is some asinine amount. But that all relates to a hospital ER. A walk-in medical clinic falls under different and much less generous rules.
That'd be the best case scenario. I just don't know if the prudent imaging to firm diagnosis w/o surprises, and the surgical procedure are seen as FB additional items beyond the reasonable enough fixed $90 ER co-pay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was in Australia a few years ago, and I had a minor medical issue. I spent 15 minutes with a doctor, and another 20 minutes with a technician treating my problem. The doctor came in and said nope you didn't quite do it, do a little bit more. $60.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom