Shaheen Holloway | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway

Reaction Score
I didn't realize he was even coaching. I wonder how tight he and DH are. Shaheen has some bragging rights on DH now. Big win for him. Setting himself up for a big raise. Good for him.

What's up with former Seton Hall PGs. Two coaching in the NCAA tournament.... well one now.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize he was even coaching. I wonder how tight he and DH are. Shaheen has some bragging rights on DH now. Big win for him. Setting himself up for a big raise. Good for him.

What's up with former Seton Hall PGs. Two coaching in the NCAA tournament.... well one now.
Well, I’d say one was coaching and one was kind of supervising

Reaction Score
We actually played his St. Peter's team back in 2019. Pretty forgettable game where we played poorly but still won by double digits. I believe the game came together as a result of Hurley and Holloway's connections, they are close friends.

Star-making win for him last night. I'm sure he will get a bigger job sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
Holloway is one of my favorite coaches. His energy and rapport with his players is top notch.

I haven’t yet gotten a chance to watch him coach live, but seeing a Peacocks game at one of my local MAAC schools (Iona, Fairfield, Quinnipiac) will be high on my non-UConn game list for next year.

I’m also looking forward to seeing PSA’s Jaylen Murray to have a bigger role for them next year.

Reaction Score
We actually played his St. Peter's team back in 2019. Pretty forgettable game where we played poorly but still won by double digits. I believe the game came together as a result of Hurley and Holloway's connections, they are close friends.

Star-making win for him last night. I'm sure he will get a bigger job sooner rather than later.
He'll be one of Seton Hall's first calls if Willard goes to Maryland.

Reaction Score
He is the total opposite of Hurley. Calm cool and collected under pressure, and his teams reflect that. Whereas Hurley is a psycho on the sidelines for us and we always play tight and can’t finish games.

Reaction Score
He'll be one of Seton Hall's first calls if Willard goes to Maryland.
For sure. From what I've seen from Seton Hall fans on Twitter, they will riot if Willard leaves and the Hall AD doesn't hire Holloway. Tough to argue, considering he played there, coached there, and is now having great success at a difficult gig a few miles away.

Reaction Score
damn seton hall had some great guards through the yrs

Reaction Score

Willard with both feet out the door already

It was known before the game, he never shot down any of the rumors. Not sure why Maryland wants him. This is probably good news for Seton Hall, Willard had maxed out there and all that will get you is tournament appearances and first round exits.

Reaction Score
Seems like Willard and S Hall checked out before game started. Play all season and then coach takes a new job during the Tourney...classy.
You and Navery beat me to it. I just read the Seton Hall board and it seems like he is leaving the Hall for sure. I feel bad for the players because I saw that game against TCU and it looks like they were not engaged, just like you said. Plus losing Aiken in mid January was a gut punch. Before this season started I think the Hall had big expectations for this year.

Reaction Score
It was known before the game, he never shot down any of the rumors. Not sure why Maryland wants him. This is probably good news for Seton Hall, Willard had maxed out there and all that will get you is tournament appearances and first round exits.
I agree he is a good coach but the Hall has reached their ceiling with him

Reaction Score
DYK - Holloway and Grasso (along with Pat Sellers and others) were all finalists for the CCSU job to replace Howie Dickenman back in 2016?

However, at that time our Chief Administrative Officer (a UConn alumn) decided to usurp the Athletic Director and selection committee process to install Donyell Marshall as head coach. :(

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I didn’t know much about him before the other night, but he won me over with that coaching performance against UK, and I loved his post-game interview:

Reporter: Did you ever get nervous?
Holloway: Nahh…for what?? It’s basketball!

Sounds like a guy who should be coaching in the Big East!

F6B7DE7D-FE88-4B82-92B0-AC0374DD2B10.jpeg

Reaction Score
damn seton hall had some great guards through the yrs
When I was a kid I loved Terry Dehere. Was great day one from Jersey City. I think he had a running mate Oliver Taylor that wasn’t amazing but had some big moments, esp in BET. (I didn’t become a UConn fan until college/ Ray Allen as I’m not From anywhere close to Ct.

loved the Shaheen/Ty Shine duo too with Kaukenas the shooter at the 2. Shaheen coulda went anywhere but chose to stay home on some bad seton hall teams, always respected that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I have a few buddies that are Hall alum and while they share the sentiment that Willard may have maxed out at Hall, there is certainly a lot of appreciation that he's basically led their second best era in program history; first round KOs and all.

The narrative could be completely different had the covid year not happened and they go into March having Myles Powell who for the most part would have been the best player on the court in those games.

The situation reminds me of Edsall actually. Did he max out UConn, probably. Was the job he (and Willard) to get to that max a great accomplishment, yes absolutely.

Reaction Score
He is the total opposite of Hurley. Calm cool and collected under pressure, and his teams reflect that. Whereas Hurley is a psycho on the sidelines for us and we always play tight and can’t finish games.
Except in practice he’s a maniac

Reaction Score
I agree he is a good coach but the Hall has reached their ceiling with him
Isn’t that the ceiling for Hall w any coach? I agree it’s probably time for both parties to move on, but Willard did a phenomenal job for them. I am not sure a coach can do better.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know much about him before the other night, but he won me over with that coaching performance against UK, and I loved his post-game interview:

Reporter: Did you ever get nervous?
Holloway: Nahh…for what?? It’s basketball!

Sounds like a guy who should be coaching in the Big East!

View attachment 74630
Sounds amazing when it comes from Cinderella. If Hurley said that the pro-Ollie crowd would lose their minds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom