Shaeffer says Miss State Will be Great | The Boneyard

Shaeffer says Miss State Will be Great

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cute embedded video. Miss State young fan " Huskies, Bears Watch out" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If coach Shaefer wants his players to learn chemistry then he should have them,along with all the other athletes in the less-e-c;) go to class once in a while.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss St won't surprise UConn next year if they meet in the tournament. What really helped Miss St last year they had more depth. They played 10 players vs UConn's 7.

A huge difference this year is Azura' Stevens replaces Natalie Butler in the UConn lineup. I doubt Azura' only plays 6 minutes and score 0 points. They also won't hold Napheesa to 11 points like last year.

I'm sure the players would say Bring On Miss St.

Reaction Score
Miss St won't surprise UConn next year if they meet in the tournament. What really helped Miss St last year they had more depth. They played 10 players vs UConn's 7.

A huge difference this year is Azura' Stevens replaces Natalie Butler in the UConn lineup. I doubt Azura' only plays 6 minutes and score 0 points. They also won't hold Napheesa to 11 points like last year.

I'm sure most of us would say bring 'em on, too. Personally I dream of a rematch! It would not end well for Mississippi State. Don't get me wrong, I think they'll be better than they were last year. That will still leave them somewhere short of being "great" though.

I still think their real goal for this year should be to finally start beating South Carolina and win the SEC championship. This is looking like a good year for that, and that's the yardstick I'll measure them by.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

And Morgan William will return to earth

Reaction Score
Schaefer's just a cheerleader w/out pom-poms. He spent more time on the court in the upset of UConn than many of his players. The guy looked borderline nuts--reminded me of the rip-off-the-jacket looney from TX. A coach should encourage his players w/in reason; Vic's delusional. The game was a fluke, fella, get over it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

You’re being generous when you indicate UConn played 7 players. Danger was on the court for 17 minutes. Her stat line: 1pt, 2rbs, 1a, 2 to’s. Nat played 6 minutes and was only credited with a foul & 2 to’s.

This year, I’m perfectly happy with a 7 player rotation for the Huskies made up of last season’s 4 returning starters, a vastly improved Danger, Z and super freshman MW.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
He thinks his team will be great. Good for him, and I hope they are. He seems like a cool cat. I wouldn't mind a rematch, but how could his team "surprise" UCONN when that same team beat Baylor a week before and Geno had a week to prepare?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I like Vic. Its okay to promote your team after the year they had. A rematch with us would have to occur in the tournament. I don't think Vic really wants that game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He is a very good tactical and emotional coach who has built a strong program from a floundering one. I see his program being in the top 10 at least and fighting for first place in the SEC with SC for the foreseeable future .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
He thinks his team will be great. Good for him, and I hope they are. He seems like a cool cat. I wouldn't mind a rematch, but how could his team "surprise" UCONN when that same team beat Baylor a week before and Geno had a week to prepare?

Geno was not surprised. Geno did not have a week to prepare. Other than that great insight as always.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Miss. State deserves the attention they received from last years win! They played their A game and Uconn played their D game! If they play this year it wont be close. A 2 pt. loss in OT to the Huskies is equivelent to a 60 pt. loss to the Bulldogs!

Reaction Score
Vic is just talking up his team. He should be thanking the ground that Morgan William walks on. Her entire team went cold. Yet she put the team on her back and scored 41 against Baylor. Her shot against Uconn is iconic but her performance against Baylor was the truly legendary feat.

Miss. St. should not want to see any parts of this year's team. Gabby will shut Morgan down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom