Shades Of Moriah? | The Boneyard

Shades Of Moriah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She uses the backboard in a most proficient manner; very 50's.
Did they even have backboards in the 50's?
I though the peach basket was still attached to the barn rafters back then. :D

Reaction Score
You don't see a lot of intentional use of the backboard in WCBB from what I have noticed. I remember Geno's challenge to Kia in her first season to get at least one shot per game that uses the backboard.

Reaction Score

This is from Hillsdale college class notes Feb 1919. My grandmother (Norma Mark) would assure you, if she was still alive, that they did use backboards, but not peach baskets. Of course Crystal wouldn't have been allowed to shoot back then.

upload_2017-1-4_11-43-48.png

Reaction Score

I played basketball in the 50's, you young whipper-snapper! I almost made the Sunday School league all-star team twice. Of course we used the two handed push shot at long range, the one handed jump shot hadn't been invented yet. There was none of this nonsense about alternate possession either nor did we use peach baskets. We had good straight up solid wooden backboards that made their own distinctive sound. And of course nobody ever heard of females playing team basketball or most any other sport for that matter around our parts. And yes the motorcar had been invented!

Reaction Score
She uses the backboard in a most proficient manner; very 50's.
I mentioned in another thread that she makes those high off the backboard shots better than anyone else I can remember in WCBB.

Reaction Score
Shades of Moriah? Well, maybe shades. Look, I think Crystal will be an outstanding point guard for the huskies. Crystal may win four NC's, become an AA, become a top pick in the W, and still not match the Moriah Jefferson Show. We may sometimes forget just how extraordinary MoJeff was. Just watch that Moriah Highlights video again. Mo was not just fast, she was quick, and she had remarkable ups. She could throw a barrel of tricks at the defender. Her faint in the opposite direction was so slight that it wasted none of her abundant energy, but it was just enough to make the defender lean ever so slightly, and Mo was gone around her. As a defender she was an unendurable swam of bees Of course I'm speaking of the finished product Mo while Crystal is just a freshman. Still, if Crystal can come close to Mo, she will have had a fantastic career. If she matches Mo, that would be one for the "Believe It or Not" file. It will be intriguing to watch Crystal develop.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No. In the 50's Naismith attended every game, stood on a pole while forming his arms into a hoop. Games were only played half court His body was the backboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom