Shabazz wins AAC POTY, per Gavin Keefe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shabazz wins AAC POTY, per Gavin Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow! I never thought they'd give it to him since we finished 12-6 in the league. Awesome for Bazz.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People knock everything about this conference, but it's got five tournament teams and a lot of really good players this year. This award is a big deal.

Reaction Score
People knock everything about this conference, but it's got five tournament teams and a lot of really good players this year. This award is a big deal.
I am an AAC trasher, but for this year, at least, it was a good league, that, had there not been injuries or massive turnover in the bottom 5 schools, might have been very good.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I had Kilpatrick and Smith getting co-POY with Napier third. Kind of surprised to see he won, all three were deserving regardless.

Reaction Score
I would have expected Kilpatrick to win it, not because he's the best of the three - he's not - but because he plays for the team that had the best regular season

Reaction Score
Napier is just better than Kilpatrick in most statistical categories. If you want to give it to him, it's because his team finished with a better record than UConn.

Reaction Score
The only thing Kilpatrick had over Bazz was his team won a couple more games in conference. Everything else went to Shabazz.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I'm truly grateful and honored," Napier said. "I wish I could break this award into 15 pieces for teammates. Things don't always have to show up on stat sheet, but if you work hard, they do."

Good on you Bazz. Congrats.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Napier is just better than Kilpatrick in most statistical categories. If you want to give it to him, it's because his team finished with a better record than UConn.
Hard to compare since they play difference positions. Kilpatrick wasn't really the point guard and it is difficult to get assists when no one else on the team can consistently score double figures and he had more help from Rubles and Jackson in grabbing rebounds.

Oh well, would be cool if UC and UConn met in the Semi's for the rubber match...

Reaction Score
Good for him. Kid stuck by us when lots of people walked. This team infuriates me sometimes but he is a great leader.

Reaction Score
Kilpatrick wasn't really the point guard and it is difficult to get assists when no one else on the team can consistently score double figures

Yeah, tell that to Napier. He'd average a hell of a lot more than 5 with a couple guys that could consistently catch a pass and dunk the ball.

Reaction Score
I am an AAC trasher, but for this year, at least, it was a good league, that, had there not been injuries or massive turnover in the bottom 5 schools, might have been very good.

The league potentially has 3 first team All-Americans this year. This conference isn't the Big East, but I can't remember the last time the Big East had 3 legitimate 1st team All American candidates. Was it Iverson, Allen and Kittles?

Reaction Score
And he's the only player to ever win the award!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
AAC Womens Player of Year: UConn's Stewart
AAC Mens Player of Year: UConn's Napier
AAC Womens Champs: UConn
AAC Mens Champs: Let's go!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The league potentially has 3 first team All-Americans this year. This conference isn't the Big East, but I can't remember the last time the Big East had 3 legitimate 1st team All American candidates. Was it Iverson, Allen and Kittles?
the real Big East did- this year- all three came into the Big East

Reaction Score
the real Big East did- this year- all three came into the Big East

And I came into my ex-girlfriend but that doesn't make her my girlfriend now. The Big East as we know it is done. Time to move on rather than make things up like the "real Big East." This conference potentially has three legitimate All-Americans. That is impressive.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And I came into my ex-girlfriend but that doesn't make her my girlfriend now. The Big East as we know it is done. Time to move on rather than make things up like the "real Big East." This conference potentially has three legitimate All-Americans. That is impressive.
Gringo, she better have consented to your actions...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ridiculous analogy but if it that's your mindset - fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32