Shabazz Napier | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think it is really important to keep his minutes down, especially in the preseason. Bazz has broken down every year he has been at UConn. He doesn't need to prove anything, and in the new league there will be some off nights. We may need 40 minutes of Bazz against Louisville, Temple or Cincinnati. We shouldn't need more than 30 against Rutgers, UCF, SMU, or Houston.

The NBA teams always manage their stars' minutes, so I would not be surprised if Ollie did the same.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Success next year will be highly dependent on two things. Improved Frontcourt play and everyone keeping their heads in the right place.

We have four guys with the potential to start looking ahead to the draft. If they so, next year won't be a good as it should be and could be a disaster.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that that is a very good point. After Kemba played Superman logging so many minutes, it seemed to have become more expected. In any case, it might even be better for the team as well to have Boat running the point by himself more often. We will still not have a lot of depth at guard, especially if Terrence Samuel is not ready to log many minutes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think many coaches have a tendency to log too many minutes on their starters. The extra minutes have a cumulative effect, and result in too many injuries.

Reaction Score
I think many coaches have a tendency to log too many minutes on their starters. The extra minutes have a cumulative effect, and result in too many injuries.

When UConn is up by 20, with 10 minutes left, Shabazz will be getting some rest. That will allow for our younger guys to get some experience! :) I'm thinking this summer will allow Shabazz to fully heal. No Olympics or summer camps.

Reaction Score
We need to blow out bad teams. The last several years even the cupcakes have been competitive with us down to the last 10 minutes.

Last year we won three games by more than 15 points (Vermont, UM-ES and Depaul).
In 2012, only five games (Maine, Coppin State, Holy Cross, Seton Hall, Depaul).

If we lead by 20 at halftime, like we should for most of November/December, we'll have no problem getting Bazz some rest.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good point about minutes. Another important point was rebounding. SN was teams leading rebounder because the front court was very weak. I felt he exerted as much effort trying to help out with rebounding as he did guarding the opposing teams best player.

It wasn't just the minutes. Shabazz had to be the do it all player for the team. Hopefully that won't be the case this season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We had half a team. We weren't blowing out anyone. If we replay the season, we could easily finish at .500.

Variance was in our favor.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Bazz was the engine. Without him we were not great. Boat had the typical Sophmore "play 100 mph" and was not that effective (though I think he takes a big step forward next year). Bazz will again be our driving factor but I think he will have more help so hopefully will not break down late in the year when we need him most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom