Shabazz Napier reunites with Niels Giffey after signing with Bayern Munich | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier reunites with Niels Giffey after signing with Bayern Munich

Reaction Score
Can they win 2 championships together there like they did at UConn?

Ten years after the duo helped lead UConn men’s basketball to perhaps the most stunning of its six national championships, Shabazz Napier and Niels Giffey will be together again.

Napier officially signed with Bayern Munich on Wednesday, inking a one-year deal with an option for a second year. He’ll join Giffey on the reigning German champions.

Reaction Score
There a uconn fans who never got to really see those teams play. The 11 and 14 teams are low-key up there with the most beloved Uconn teams.
If you're like me and you know that "physical graffiti" and "III" are the two best Zeppelin albums, you may also put 11 and 14 as your 2 fave squads ever.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm headed to Munich on Sunday for my first Oktoberfest. Unfortunately I don't think I'll run into Neils and Shabazz but... I think I'll have a good time :) A few days in Munich and then some sightseeing in southwest Germany.

Reaction Score
I'm headed to Munich on Sunday for my first Oktoberfest. Unfortunately I don't think I'll run into Neils and Shabazz but... I think I'll have a good time :) A few days in Munich and then some sightseeing in southwest Germany.
You will love it! Was there last year. Paulaner a good tent, but Schützen-Festzelt is the best, with Hacker-Festzelt, and Käfer (party “tent”) being 1b and 1c. Skipping this year, but going back for the 190th OKT anniversary in 2025. Sweet Helles goes down like water. Make sure you also get to the market for people watching and eat plenty, and pictures in your lederhosen will make great memories.

Reaction Score
You will love it...You need tickets to the best tents...not sure how to get them as we were invited by a client. The tickets are passed down within families. There are public tents, but the ones that require tickets are much better

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We will be in the Hofbrau-Festzelt. Tickets already purchased. My buddy does business in Munich and has attended the fest multiple times. He booked hotels, fest tent and other activities. We are along for the ride. Any suggestion on SW Germany must sees please pass along. We are following Rick Steves suggestions but we can be diverted. Three days in Munich with about a dozen friends then the wife and I head out on our own.

Reaction Score
We will be in the Hofbrau-Festzelt. Tickets already purchased. My buddy does business in Munich and has attended the fest multiple times. He booked hotels, fest tent and other activities. We are along for the ride. Any suggestion on SW Germany must sees please pass along. We are following Rick Steves suggestions but we can be diverted. Three days in Munich with about a dozen friends then the wife and I head out on our own.
I've always wanted to make that trip. My brother did it and he loved it.
And sometime soon you get to show me around Peoria...it's comparable.
Enjoy

Reaction Score
You will love it...You need tickets to the best tents...not sure how to get them as we were invited by a client. The tickets are passed down within families. There are public tents, but the ones that require tickets are much better
Yep, online reservations for the good tents open on February 1. Will start planning AirBNB and flights around the time as well. The trick is to fly into fly into different European cities on bookend weekends, and hit OKT, Monday to Friday. Still packed during the week, but manageable. Last year we did Barcelona to Munich to Stuttgart/Augsburg. Thinking Ibiza>Munich>Vienna for next year. PROST!!!

Reaction Score
Remember one thing-It's a marathon not a sprint.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity what kind of food can you get in the tent?. I’m not a big knockwurst fan. Can you get good pizza in there?

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity what kind of food can you get in the tent?. I’m not a big knockwurst fan. Can you get good pizza in there?
Can’t tell if this is serious question. Knowing this board and its visitors, I will assume not, and direct you to The Google :)

Reaction Score
There a uconn fans who never got to really see those teams play. The 11 and 14 teams are low-key up there with the most beloved Uconn teams.
If you're like me and you know that "physical graffiti" and "III" are the two best Zeppelin albums, you may also put 11 and 14 as your 2 fave squads ever.
Buzz in my top 5. Heart of a warrior.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Love both guys

Hell, I love that entire freshman class, even Roscoe

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Buzz in my top 5. Heart of a warrior.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
You will love it! Was there last year. Paulaner a good tent, but Schützen-Festzelt is the best, with Hacker-Festzelt, and Käfer (party “tent”) being 1b and 1c. Skipping this year, but going back for the 190th OKT anniversary in 2025. Sweet Helles goes down like water. Make sure you also get to the market for people watching and eat plenty, and pictures in your lederhosen will make great memories.
You are in the know. Schutzen-Fest is where the upscale locals go! I met Hasselhoff and Boris Becker in the Kafer tent once!

Reaction Score
Yep, not just that, but lots of taco stands as well.

Reaction Score
Had shawarma each night after tents closed, BUT NOT in the tents.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
25 points on 12 shots vs an elite Real Madrid team, I'm praying he can stay healthy because there is nothing like watching Giffey team up with him. Two of my favorites players of all time, plus the team has some other fun players like Carsen Edwards and Voightmann who is a solid euro big. They play a loaded panathinaikos team on 10/10 for another euroleague match

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom