Shabazz Napier and other NBAers with local ties want to work to strengthen Boston youth basketball | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier and other NBAers with local ties want to work to strengthen Boston youth basketball

Reaction Score
Saw this in today's Boston Globe and figured I'd post it.

A seasoned NBA veteran at 29, Napier wants to create a group of Boston-native athletes to help their communities and improve the public education system to ensure its best athletes stay in Boston Public Schools. It’s been an issue for years, with the latest being Dorchester native Terrence Clarke, who attended New Hampshire’s Brewster Academy before signing with Kentucky.

“For me, if you have the better opportunity to play somewhere else, then go for it,” Napier said from the NBA bubble in Orlando. “At the moment, we understand that public schools in Boston are not that great. That’s something that’s embedded in our life. That’s something that we’re fighting for at the very moment, so for us, I understood that. I’ve always said if you could get a better education somewhere else, then go for it. It will be more exciting to see guys stay at home. It will be more exciting to see our public school’s education be helped in a lot of ways.”

Reaction Score
great. from a UConn-centric viewpoint it could help keep elite talent local rather than them going to prep schools outside the northeast. having shabazz as a role model would help even more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I read the title too fast and thought it said Bolton youth Basketball lol

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member