Shabazz article | The Boneyard

Shabazz article

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Shabazz Napier carving out NBA career as UConn transitions into Dan Hurley era
Was there ever a doubt among anyone who spent considerable time around Napier at UConn that he would stick in the NBA? He’s five seasons in and approaching professional basketball with the same pluck and charisma that defined his time with the Huskies, which included national championships as a freshman under Jim Calhoun and as a senior under Kevin Ollie.

“You know what?” said Napier, 27. “That was never my worry, sticking. My worry, my ambition, is to be really, really good in this league. That's what haunts me every night, trying to be a powerful impact player. I'm not going to rest.”

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bazz is a good guy - he is very loyal and speaks his mind
I wish him all the best as he continues plying his craft doing something that he loves to do and is damn good at it
I love the fact that he plays in Brooklyn now as I have been watching him and will allow him the ability to see UConn more often
I also respect that he is always in touch with his ex coaches at UConn and I know they are pleased with him doing so

Reaction Score
His 2P% is insanely low so far, but once that progresses to the mean, with the way he’s shooting the three (and the frequency), he could be the most efficient guard on that team. DLo isn’t the highest IQ player which hurts him, and Dinwiddie is good, but not as good at shooting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His take on KO is interesting, and somewhat contradictory.

Loved this quote:

I want to see the University of Connecticut do well and I hope Coach Hurley pushes us in the right direction. I've always felt that no matter who the coach is — Calhoun, Ollie, Hurley — it's the players at fault, not so much the coaches. The coaches can only do so much. They'll put you on a stage and it's your job to work the crowd, so to speak, like it's a ballroom.”

Reaction Score

Loved this quote:

I want to see the University of Connecticut do well and I hope Coach Hurley pushes us in the right direction. I've always felt that no matter who the coach is — Calhoun, Ollie, Hurley — it's the players at fault, not so much the coaches. The coaches can only do so much. They'll put you on a stage and it's your job to work the crowd, so to speak, like it's a ballroom.”
Love that quote too ... the only issue with it is if you have the wrong players and/or are dancing to the wrong tune you got problems

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Loved this quote:

Part of that is because Bazz was one of the most self motivated players we ever had.

So, he recognizes a number of the guys don't have that now, and need Hurley to turn that frown upside down.

Reaction Score

Loved this quote:

He was good enough and had enough resolve to truly lead that team to a National Championship. He was a far bigger factor in that Championship than anyone else, including the coach. It was his court, everybody else was just visiting. Bazz was nothing short of amazing his final two years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom