SG Jemarl Baker commits to Kentucky | The Boneyard

SG Jemarl Baker commits to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No idea if the helps or hurts any of the kids we're recruiting...

Reaction Score
One less ship for Kentucky help ua. I get that this is incredibly pessimistic but at this point if Kentucky calls any the guys that were talking with we've already lost the race. There are teams we just can't recruit against at this moment and Kentucky's one of them

Reaction Score
One less ship for Kentucky help ua. I get that this is incredibly pessimistic but at this point if Kentucky calls any the guys that were talking with we've already lost the race. There are teams we just can't recruit against at this moment and Kentucky's one of them

No one recruits well against UK, no biggie here.

Reaction Score
Do you know how many schollies they have available after this? I know they have at least 5 leaving, but they have a good amount coming in too I believe.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No one recruits well against UK, no biggie here.
True, but I think 99's point – that we're at a particularly low ebb right now – is true. If we string together a couple of good seasons in a row perhaps that will change.

Also, it's darkest just before the dawn and Simi Shittu can still reclassify...

pj

Reaction Score
I don't believe that every player is going to prefer to be a benchwarmer at UK over a starter at UConn.

The one-and-dones may be out of reach at the moment, but for lots of other players the recruiting battle can be won.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that every player is going to prefer to be a benchwarmer at UK over a starter at UConn.

The one-and-dones may be out of reach at the moment, but for lots of other players the recruiting battle can be won.
This kid just committed to do that? They've currently got 2 guys coming in who will play over him at the 2, plus Cameron and Knox if they get either of those. And they will recruit over him his entire career until he transfers.

Reaction Score
Do you know how many schollies they have available after this? I know they have at least 5 leaving, but they have a good amount coming in too I believe.

They have 7 incoming recruits for 2017. I guess that means they don't expect to get Bamba anymore.

Reaction Score

Disagree Our starting big man who basically would start just left for next year.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
They have 7 incoming recruits for 2017. I guess that means they don't expect to get Bamba anymore.
They still have a spot for Bamba and are probably front-runners.

I think UNC gets Knox tho.

pj

Reaction Score
Disagree Our starting big man who basically would start just left for next year.

There was no guarantee Enoch would have started for UConn. He would have been competing with Cobb, Carlton, Diarra, and maybe the likes of Darien Walters for limited minutes, and there's no guarantee he would have beaten any of them out. He will choose between starting at a place like Quinnipiac or Fairfield and being a bench player at a UConn-level program. Maybe in 2 years he can be a starter at a UConn-level program. Only a catastrophic string of injuries and recruiting failures gave him even a chance of starting at UConn next year.

Reaction Score
They're at 11 scholarship players for next year
They still have a spot for Bamba and are probably front-runners.

I think UNC gets Knox tho.
Yup, still have room for Bamba and Cam Johnson. And that's without Diallo leaving

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who gives a rats arse who Kensucky gets - all those 5 stars and how many NCs?
And don't give me the number of Final 4s or elite 8s - with the line up he has every year he should win the big one more than once
The Squid simply sucks

pj

Reaction Score
They're at 11 scholarship players for next year

Yup, still have room for Bamba and Cam Johnson. And that's without Diallo leaving

I wonder how Diallo will feel about coming off the bench behind Cam Johnson, Jarred Vanderbilt, and Shai Alexander.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wonder how Diallo will feel about coming off the bench behind Cam Johnson, Jarred Vanderbilt, and Shai Alexander.
He'll be in the NBA.

C

Chief00

There was no guarantee Enoch would have started for UConn. He would have been competing with Cobb, Carlton, Diarra, and maybe the likes of Darien Walters for limited minutes, and there's no guarantee he would have beaten any of them out. He will choose between starting at a place like Quinnipiac or Fairfield and being a bench player at a UConn-level program. Maybe in 2 years he can be a starter at a UConn-level program. Only a catastrophic string of injuries and recruiting failures gave him even a chance of starting at UConn next year.

You are living in a Dream World - Enoch would have been the starting 5.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You are living in a Dream World - Enoch would have been the starting 5.
not for long
15 minutes when he recorded his 5th foul
so dream on chief00

Reaction Score
If that happens i'll laugh hysterically

Reaction Score
A poor shooting 2 or 3 in the NBA? I don't think so.
Yeah a 6'6" freak athlete shooting guard who shoots under 30% from 3 in college could never be an NBA draft pick, let alone a three-time all-star and play for team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom