SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per ESPN:

Strengths:
Brown is an attacking guard on both ends of the floor. He is long and cut with elite level quickness and the ability to start and stop on a dime. That translates into a high level driving game with both a quick first step and the ability to make reflex adjustments on his way to the rim with spins, jump-stops, and quick secondary moves off the bounce. Brown is also an elite on-the-ball defender because of his combination of both quickness and length. His offensive skill set is also consistently improving so that he is now capable of making open threes and pull-ups alike.

Weaknesses:
He's the type of guy who makes things happen on both ends of the floor but not yet a ball-handler against pressure or decision maker. He needs to become a better passer and improve his overall basketball I.Q. in order to be a secondary ball-handler at the next level. While his jumper is improved, it can still be streaky.

Bottom Line:
He's long, quick, dynamic and able to make plays on both ends of the floor. He's always in attack mode and consistently improving his skill set but still needs to keep improving his overall ball-skills and instincts in a half-court game.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Game seems a lot like Purvis with a little less athleticism. Although tough to tell from 4 min youtube video.

Sign him up! Get those classes done kid!

Reaction Score
The description kind of reminds me of Gordon coming out of HS. It would be nice to fill one of those empty spots with a local player who fills a need.

Reaction Score
I saw him play last year against Abu and Kimball Union, he was their guy on Vermont Academy last year really explosive athlete. Was real big on taking it inside and drawing contact. Built like Justin Simon, real lean and long.

Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria · 4h 4 hours ago
Vermont Academy’s Bruce Brown ’50-50′ on Reclassing to 2015 http://zagsblog.com/articles/vermont-academys-bruce-brown-50-50-on-reclassing-to-2015/…

Only new info in this article is fact that Brown is 50-50 on joining 2015, as this article is pretty much recycled material from this article (don't pay attention to the quote about UConn and Kevin Ollie's system - as Fishy pointed out, I made the mistake of thinking that was a Bruce Brown quote- it's from Tyrique Jones).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wrote a week ago about watching him play against Brewster Academy vs Jalen Adams. The ESPN analysis a few posts ago is spot on.
A great get for us generally as an athlete and aggressive take to the basket scorer, but not the knockdown shooter or 2nd primary ball handler that many think the team needs. He would be a 3rd player just like Purvis and like Samuel, and like Kromah was. Maybe Kromah is the best comparison. He was the primary scorer for Vermont in the game I saw, he was the primary ball handler, he was the offensive and defensive catalyst, the energy player, and without a post game box score I would guess he had 30 pts vs Brewster, but, they lost by 20ish. He is an excellent player but a component of a good college team, not likely the star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom