2023 Recruiting: SF Matas Buzelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of bathroom stops.
And lots to be had.

1631801480778.png

Reaction Score
I’ve used that Mohawk one a lot going back to my childhood. Many travels through the Central Leatherstocking Region. Notice I said “through” not “to”.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't hold my breath here.
Connecticut: "It was really good. I liked everything to be honest. They have an awesome campus."

Why not us? You never know. But of course I think we all know it's going to be difficult to get a guy like this when so many high level programs are going after him. But recruiting is never easy.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: "It was really good. I liked everything to be honest. They have an awesome campus."

Why not us? You never know. But of course I think we all know it's going to be difficult to get a guy like this when so many high level programs are going after him. But recruiting is never easy.
Because we don't land top ten players.

Reaction Score

And in all likelihood our first 5* under Hurley will be a local kid. Not a kid from Illinois who goes to school in New England... he's already profiling as a kid willing to travel anywhere to play. Compared to kids like Justin Edwards/Taylor Bol Bowen who are probably more inclined to stay close to home, even if it's not guaranteed.

Reaction Score
And in all likelihood our first 5* under Hurley will be a local kid. Not a kid from Illinois who goes to school in New England... he's already profiling as a kid willing to travel anywhere to play. Compared to kids like Justin Edwards/Taylor Bol Bowen who are probably more inclined to stay close to home, even if it's not guaranteed.
Correct.

Reaction Score
Well he is not a consensus top 10 player yet (ESPN has him at #10, Rivals has him at #27 and 247Sports has him at #43 right now). We'll see. And we'll never know if we don't land a top 10 player if we never try. I'm sure the staff knows whether he has sincere interest in UConn or not. He did take an unofficial visit. If not much further interest then they'll move on.

FWIW I never hold my breath for any recruit. Recruiting is very hard and no one player makes or breaks a program.

Reaction Score
Here's an article from last night that fits your theory. So many of these kids don't have a clue that their ability is what gets them to the NBA from Kentucky, not some magic coaching by "Cal".
I hope you're right about Justin Edwards.

Reaction Score
Here's an article from last night that fits your theory. So many of these kids don't have a clue that their ability is what gets them to the NBA from Kentucky, not some magic coaching by "Cal".
I hope you're right about Justin Edwards.

No mention of UConn being involved with both. That's definitely one fan base that is still butt hurt over UConn's wins over UK. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom