SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit) | The Boneyard

SF Mario Kegler (Mississippi State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@ebosshoops: Per his summer coach, UConn has offered class of 2016 forward Mario Kegler.

Top 35 on most services.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Worth noting that both he and Malik Newman attend the same high school (Callaway H.S, Jackson MS). They don't play on the same AAU team, however.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Worth noting that both he and Malik Newman attend the same high school (Callaway H.S, Jackson MS). They don't play on the same AAU team, however.

I meant to say "attended". Kegler isn't at Callaway anymore.

Reaction Score
Like his game. Strong look to it, nothing real pretty just gets to the hole. And a nice stroke too.......reminds me a little bit of Poythress, same size and ability maybe not quite as athletic.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Like his game. Strong look to it, nothing real pretty just gets to the hole. And a nice stroke too..reminds me a little bit of Poythress, same size and ability maybe not quite as athletic.
I think the Poythress comparison is pretty spot on. I think Kegler looks a little longer than Alex and we can certainly utilize him as a strecth 4. Poythress is a tweener that Cal has no idea how to use because his jumper is below average, Kegler seems to have a better stroke

Reaction Score
Like his game. Strong look to it, nothing real pretty just gets to the hole. And a nice stroke too..reminds me a little bit of Poythress, same size and ability maybe not quite as athletic.
We have Omar and Hamilton to play the 3 and this guy looks to be a better shooter than the SF's we are recruiting. Of course we are only seeing a few highlights against questionable competition in every case but Kegler also appears to have a very good handle for his size. As one who believes that outside shooting from the 3 is paramount, I like this kid a lot.

Reaction Score
We have Omar and Hamilton to play the 3 and this guy looks to be a better shooter than the SF's we are recruiting. Of course we are only seeing a few highlights against questionable competition in every case but Kegler also appears to have a very good handle for his size. As one who believes that outside shooting from the 3 is paramount, I like this kid a lot.

He's a 2016 recruit so Omar will have graduated by the time Kegler is a freshman in college, and Hamilton will have completed his 2nd year, which means he might only have a 50/50 shot of still coming back as a junior.

Reaction Score
Not to mention he is still a baby. He could still come a long way before he plays college ball.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think the Poythress comparison is pretty spot on. I think Kegler looks a little longer than Alex and we can certainly utilize him as a strecth 4. Poythress is a tweener that Cal has no idea how to use because his jumper is below average, Kegler seems to have a better stroke

247 lists him as 6'7" and 195. He looks heavier than that on that video. Hope he grows a little bit taller if he's thought of as a 4, but he was described as a small forward on that site.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Kegler is taking an unofficial to Tenneesee next weekend.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
New mixtape. If we are still Kegler's leader, the staff should just ignore everyone else and go all-in on him. He's great.

Reaction Score
It seems sledteam likes to offer all comers.

Maybe more selectivity?

The hand grenade approach is not working. Hello?

I hope we do not have to hear how all the next wave of recruits and their parents luv the preacher man. That has not been working.

Reaction Score
I think I understand this post...not a good sign

It seems sledteam likes to offer all comers.

Maybe more selectivity?

The hand grenade approach is not working. Hello?

I hope we do not have to hear how all the next wave of recruits and their parents luv the preacher man. That has not been working.

Wow

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Has he talked about a commitment timetable? If he says we are the leader, grab him ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom