Setting out some warm milk for Conspiracy Kitty... | The Boneyard

Setting out some warm milk for Conspiracy Kitty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I've had this bad feeling all week that Disney/ESPN is setting the Big East up for a major hit this weekend - these folks are pretty ruthless with this kind of stuff, so I can't help but to expect the worst. I hope I'm dead wrong, but here's what's happened so far:

* SUN/MON: the Bristol Gang got some juicy sound bytes from Tom Jurich on UofL's conference affiliation. Of course, TJ came off as non-committal to the Big East and pining for the Big 12.
* TUE: They moved the Keg of Nails up from the Deuce to the Mothership for FRI. Could be just because it's a great game, but the move doesn't jibe with their recent strategy of marginalizing the league at every opportunity. I just have a hunch that they want to use the platform for more Big East bashing - or something even worse...
* WED: Just as Aresco sat down for an interview with CBS, ESPN dropped the '7th-Access-Bowl-Likely-Dead' drama. Total cheap shot.
* TODAY: Who knows what's gonna happen? The day's still young, though.
* TOMORROW: I would not be surprised at all if ESPN announces some terribad news about the Big East's future in the 'crawl' during the UofL - Cincy game, most likely mid-3rd quarter.

Here, Kitty Kitty...

Reaction Score
Take it one step further. Aresco is at the Keg of Nails game. And ESPN announces that both Cincy and Louisville are gone. How classy would that be?

Reaction Score
Let me guess ... you believe there was a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shooter on the grassy knoll?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Or it could be that every SEC game is an unwatchable blowout by halftime, and Louisville/Cincinnati is one of the only high profile games this weekend that may actually be competitive. All the other good games are on FOX or CBS until ND/Oklahoma tomorrow night. USC at Arizona may not completely suck, but don't hold your breath. Michigan/Nebraska will be ok.

I think we are witnessing ESPN's real problem. Fox has the Pac 12 and Big 12, and this weekend has a very strong slate of games. ESPN has the ACC (worthless), some Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12, plus most of the SEC. Over time, the Big 10 and Pac 12 are going to have fewer and fewer games on the world wide leader. Despite ESPN's endless bashing of the Big East, they are looking at a future of SEC blowouts, ACC snoozers, and a few leftovers from the other majors.

Reaction Score
Not sure about other fans, but if Okie State vs Baylor on probably won't go out of way to watch, if team is in league "my" team or even if not my team but in a league that a team near me is in I might watch. So, if in Texas and live near Houston and not a real Houston fan but have kept an eye on them, if they are in a league with Rutgers and Uconn and might play one of them and the game (Uconn/Rutgers) is ok (not SEC blow out or ACC snoozer) would be more inclined to watch.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Or it could be that every SEC game is an unwatchable blowout by halftime, and Louisville/Cincinnati is one of the only high profile games this weekend that may actually be competitive. All the other good games are on FOX or CBS until ND/Oklahoma tomorrow night. USC at Arizona may not completely suck, but don't hold your breath. Michigan/Nebraska will be ok.

I think we are witnessing ESPN's real problem. Fox has the Pac 12 and Big 12, and this weekend has a very strong slate of games. ESPN has the ACC (worthless), some Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12, plus most of the SEC. Over time, the Big 10 and Pac 12 are going to have fewer and fewer games on the world wide leader. Despite ESPN's endless bashing of the Big East, they are looking at a future of SEC blowouts, ACC snoozers, and a few leftovers from the other majors.

Wonder how the ratings for the likely Bama / MSST blowout will compare to the likely competitive Louisville/Cincinnati game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let me guess ... you believe there was a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shooter on the grassy knoll?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
...and? I'm not sure that I understand your point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wonder how the ratings for the likely Bama / MSST blowout will compare to the likely competitive Louisville/Cincinnati game?

You can't compare the ratings of a game that has no football competition to a game on a World Series Saturday when Notre Dame is playing Oklahoma.

The only thing you can compare a Friday night game to is other Friday night games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Who is going to watch a game where Bama is up 21-0 in the second quarter and wins 42-10? Even Bama fans will turn that game off before halftime.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Who is going to watch a game where Bama is up 21-0 in the second quarter and wins 42-10? Even Bama fans will turn that game off before halftime.
I don't know. They seem to stay in the stadium in those blowouts, and it's a religion down there so I would think at least in their home state the ratings wouldn't go off a cliff. Other markets would be a different story.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Interesting. I would have guessed an Alabama blowout on Saturday night (OU-ND notwithstanding) would out rate a competitive LSVL/Cincy matchup on Friday night. To me, it's more about the unfortunate sad state of affairs that is the current Big East product, than anything else.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
ESPN "reporting" the Big East is not going to sign with ESPN during 60 day window. Not a total shock but could lead to the OP's bad feelings. Article said that the BE hasn't ruled ESPN out, just that they wanna see what else they can get. Things may get very interesting in the next two weeks or more.

My thought is that the only conference who'd take any new teams would be the B-12. Can't see ACC, SEC, or B1G adding anyone anytime soon. I can see Louisville going but just don't see either Cincy or Rutgers being attractive enough or make enough sense for the B-12

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

People who wagered on Alabama -24. The same reason why people will watch Louisville and Cincinnati. This board throughly underestimates how gambling drives a lot of viewership and the value that means when you are the only game on the board.

Reaction Score
Probably not many. Especially since it's up against ND-OU in the same time slot, which will undoubtedly be the ratings winner of the weekend.

Reaction Score
ESPN "reporting" the Big East is not going to sign with ESPN during 60 day window. Not a total shock but could lead to the OP's bad feelings. Article said that the BE hasn't ruled ESPN out, just that they wanna see what else they can get. Things may get very interesting in the next two weeks or more.

My thought is that the only conference who'd take any new teams would be the B-12. Can't see ACC, SEC, or B1G adding anyone anytime soon. I can see Louisville going but just don't see either Cincy or Rutgers being attractive enough or make enough sense for the B-12

Reading the Mountaineer boards, one gets the feeling that new B-12 member WVa is lobbying for some East Coast teams (Rutgers at the very least) to have some semi-local in coference travel.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Reading the Mountaineer boards, one gets the feeling that new B-12 member WVa is lobbying for some East Coast teams (Rutgers at the very least) to have some semi-local in coference travel.

Makes sense but they're one team and Texas rules. Don't see them giving a flying f$%k what WVU thinks. I could be wrong but I see them trying to stay in midwest with WVU the outliers and Louisville too if need be.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I buy the BS on that board as much as anyone, and even I don't put any credibility that Luck has any pull or is even trying to get in Big East teams. Texas had a chance to add FSU and Clemson, and passed. Do you think they will take Louisville and Rutgers instead?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i soke wit da kitty kitty kitty 2night.

nd/uconn/ruty/wvu to the acc
kan/kst/ok/okst to the b10
tex/tt/tcu/bay to the sec
byu/bsu/unr/unlv/sdsu/haw to the pac

usf/ucf/ulm/latech/tul/smiss/uab/gast/ecu/appst/memphis/mt/arkst/fiu/fau/troy/ull/maybe furman... create a big south conf
mac+lville/temple/cicny/ist/odu or w&m/army/navy
smu/nt/utsa/utep/rice/tulsa/uh/nm/nmst/sj/fresno/davis/idaho/ust/wy/cst/...create a big west conf

Reaction Score
i soke wit da kitty kitty kitty 2night.

nd/uconn/ruty/wvu to the acc
kan/kst/ok/okst to the b10
tex/tt/tcu/bay to the sec
byu/bsu/unr/unlv/sdsu/haw to the pac

usf/ucf/ulm/latech/tul/smiss/uab/gast/ecu/appst/memphis/mt/arkst/fiu/fau/troy/ull/maybe furman... create a big south conf
mac+lville/temple/cicny/ist/odu or w&m/army/navy
smu/nt/utsa/utep/rice/tulsa/uh/nm/nmst/sj/fresno/davis/idaho/ust/wy/cst/...create a big west conf

Is "soke wit da kitty" a euphemism for doing LSD? Because that's the only way your post makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom