Seton Hall opening August 24th | The Boneyard

Seton Hall opening August 24th

Reaction Score
Why not sue the Governor. After his 'Bill of Rights is above my pay grade' statement, everyone else is.

BGesus4

La grasa k no se saca con goo gone
Reaction Score
Can any of these universities survive a full semester without charging full tuition and room and board?

Reaction Score
Can any of these universities survive a full semester without charging full tuition and room and board?

No, and that is the reason why the vast majority will do everything possible to open. If there’s no students on campus that means: far lower enrollment, far less tuition being collected, professors leaving, no sports revenue, a big hit to endowment...Schools can’t survive taking a huge hit to revenue for an entire 8 months (May-December).

Reaction Score
Most Fall sport D1 athletes report to campus at the end of the first week of August for pre-season. Is this still going to happen? This article only talks about classes starting 8/24.

Reaction Score
Most Fall sport D1 athletes report to campus at the end of the first week of August for pre-season. Is this still going to happen? This article only talks about classes starting 8/24.

I believe the NCAA approved athletes being allowed back on campus June 1 but the states can overrule that so short answer...it depends.

Reaction Score
No, and that is the reason why the vast majority will do everything possible to open. If there’s no students on campus that means: far lower enrollment, far less tuition being collected, professors leaving, no sports revenue, a big hit to endowment...Schools can’t survive taking a huge hit to revenue for an entire 8 months (May-December).
Everything you said makes sense except for the part about the Professors leaving. Where would they go? To another closed school? Get out of teaching? Just curious.

Reaction Score
I think all of these colleges that have put these hard dates in print are going to have to embarrassingly walk it all back in a month or so..

Reaction Score
Everything you said makes sense except for the part about the Professors leaving. Where would they go? To another closed school? Get out of teaching? Just curious.

That I can’t answer. But their salaries are paid for by everything I mentioned. If there’s no revenue coming in, professor compensation will be massively reduced and they will seek other work. They are not going to stay a professor if their pay is cut by 50%.

Reaction Score
As always...decisions are driven by $$. I wonder if they will be able to eat or drink? Will dorms be open? What's going to be different then from now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom