Seton hall game rescheduled 12/17 | The Boneyard

Seton hall game rescheduled 12/17

Reaction Score
They should be on their 3rd game and UConn on its 2nd is all goes well - wonder if that will matter. Shouldn't be you never know as we have yet to see this version of the Huskies play.

Reaction Score
Why don’t we schedule a couple other games to fill in for the lost ones. Quinnipiac is a short private bus ride away, and they lost a game (two actually) at Mohegan Sun also. I wonder who took the initiative on the Seton Hall game. Was it UConn, Seton Hall or the Big East? If they are not reaching out, UConn should get on the ball on this. Stanford lost one opponent to COVID and Tara has already found a new opponent.

Reaction Score
Why don’t we schedule a couple other games to fill in for the lost ones. Quinnipiac is a short private bus ride away, and they lost a game (two actually) at Mohegan Sun also. I wonder who took the initiative on the Seton Hall game. Was it UConn, Seton Hall or the Big East? If they are not reaching out, UConn should get on the ball on this. Stanford lost one opponent to COVID and Tara has already found a new opponent.
Because it’s us that has the Covid quarantine situation. The teams who are finding replacement games lost their games because their opponents couldn’t play. So they’re healthy and can play, and have holes in their schedules now that they are looking to fill.

UConn can’t play now. In order to reschedule these games both teams would have to have coinciding holes in their schedules at some time in the future. Seton Hall and UConn did find a way to do this on a Thursday night (Dec 17), even though we have Tuesday and Saturday games that week. They prioritized rescheduling a conference game, according to Geno. Suspect it would be difficult to come up with 3 additional mutually-workable dates with the 3 canceled non-conference opponents - or other non-conference opponents - right in the middle of everyone’s conference schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac has one game on it’s schedule between December 5th and December 18th(the12th). UConn has a game scheduled with Butler on the 15th. I bet Tricia Fabbri would be delighted to bring her team up to Storrs on the 14th or 16th to replace a lost game and take back some Fox Sports money for her school. It will mean back to back games for UConn; but they were going to do that at Mohegan Sun a few days ago.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
T
Quinnipiac has one game on it’s schedule between December 5th and December 18th(the12th). UConn has a game scheduled with Butler on the 15th. I bet Tricia Fabbri would be delighted to bring her team up to Storrs on the 14th or 16th to replace a lost game and take back some Fox Sports money for her school. It will mean back to back games for UConn; but they were going to do that at Mohegan Sun a few days ago.
That would be 4 games in 6 days if they did that, maybe the could have one a few days earlier. Does it matter where they play it, there won't be any fans and it could still be carried by SNY.

Reaction Score

Uconn shut down for 14 days starting 11/23, so in theory they could play as early as 12/7. The next game on the schedule isn't until 12/15.

Quinnipiac has tipped off their season, and has games scheduled 12/5, 12/12, & 12/18. The 12/12 game is at home against Army.

I would think it would be easy enough to schedule an inter-state game sometime between 12/8 & 12/10. Its an easy bus ride and both teams will be in the state of CT anyways. (unless this is finals week?)

I've noticed the early schedule is a lot of inter-state matchups that are just a bus ride away. Based off our schedule, we are missing a ton of time (14 days covid, then 8 more days until our first game). For comparison, Arkansas will have already played 8 games before we play 1.

Reaction Score
As it is, Geno has only about one week of full team practice before the Butler game. I doubt
that he would want to put his team on the floor without at least one week of practice.

Reaction Score
Uconn shut down for 14 days starting 11/23, so in theory they could play as early as 12/7. The next game on the schedule isn't until 12/15.

Quinnipiac has tipped off their season, and has games scheduled 12/5, 12/12, & 12/18. The 12/12 game is at home against Army.

I would think it would be easy enough to schedule an inter-state game sometime between 12/8 & 12/10. Its an easy bus ride and both teams will be in the state of CT anyways. (unless this is finals week?)

I've noticed the early schedule is a lot of inter-state matchups that are just a bus ride away. Based off our schedule, we are missing a ton of time (14 days covid, then 8 more days until our first game). For comparison, Arkansas will have already played 8 games before we play 1.

There is NOT a coach in America that would throw his/her team into a meaningful game 1 day after a 2 week quarantine with ZERO practice!

Reaction Score
There is NOT a coach in America that would throw his/her team into a meaningful game 1 day after a 2 week quarantine with ZERO practice!

Agreed, zero practices wouldn't work. So they schedule it 12/10. That means they have 3 days of practice before playing an unranked opponent. They did practice for a month and were "prepared" to take on two top 10 opponents this week. Just a hypothetical scenario from an eager fan.

It's an unprecedented time, and safety is the top priority. But I find it hard to believe that Uconn won't run into either another positive test on their end, or the end of an opponent. The more games you lose, the closer you get to being ineligible for postseason play.

Reaction Score
Agreed, zero practices wouldn't work. So they schedule it 12/10. That means they have 3 days of practice before playing an unranked opponent. They did practice for a month and were "prepared" to take on two top 10 opponents this week. Just a hypothetical scenario from an eager fan.

It's an unprecedented time, and safety is the top priority. But I find it hard to believe that Uconn won't run into either another positive test on their end, or the end of an opponent. The more games you lose, the closer you get to being ineligible for postseason play.

I get it, I am as anxious for the season to start as anybody, but you have to get these kids in game shape before they play. The biggest reason for this is risk of injury, no matter how many times they scrimmage in practice, it is just not the same as a real game. They also are fighting the NCAA's 20 hour rule, so just throwing a game in here or there may not be legal.

Reaction Score
I understand that they have been working out in their 3 & 4 person pods for several days again. I’m confident they remember how to pass the ball, etcetera, from their greatly lauded earlier practice sessions which were only completely stopped for a couple of days.

As I said earlier in two different threads, a rescheduling of the game with Quinnipiac should be easy peasy, a no brainer, not rocket science, rudimentary ..... ad nauseam! As someone in some sport once said, “c’mon people, let’s move the ball here!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Looking at this from the opponents vantage point, Seton Hall has had a tough time getting out of the blocks, a well: two cancellations and one postponement. Wagner, Fordham and then right into the Big East with UConn.

AEH is the more high-profile transfer for Seton Hall, but they got an intriguing player (who is eligible) from Penn State in sophomore Mya Bembry. Great Athlete (soccer and hoops) from nearby West Orange, NJ, who had some great duels in high school with Diamond Miller, now at Maryland. She could do well here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom