Seton Hall Game On December 3rd at Walsh is Completely Sold Out | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Game On December 3rd at Walsh is Completely Sold Out

Reaction Score
The venue is small, only about 1400 seats, but being sold out so soon is a very rare event. I bought my 6 tickets 2 weeks ago and was looking to get more. It is a big event for Seton Hall and I hope it presages what will happen in the Big East venues for the women this season when we play. It can only be good for the league.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sellouts are nice, but does Seton Hall envision ever upgrading their crackerbox gym or moving their women's games to a bigger arena? Their men's team plays in the Prudential Center in Newark. Not saying the women should play there too, but maybe something bigger than a gym straight outta Hoosiers?

Reaction Score
The venue is small, only about 1400 seats, but being sold out so soon is a very rare event. I bought my 6 tickets 2 weeks ago and was looking to get more. It is a big event for Seton Hall and I hope it presages what will happen in the Big East venues for the women this season when we play. It can only be good for the league.
Oh yeah, you can bet the ranch on that.
Expect the same thing at Creighton, Xavier, Marquette, DePaul, so forth and so on.
Huskies are the enemy. Perceived as arrogant, spoiled, over-hyped princesses by the rest of the BE fans.
Smoldering jealousy and resentment will translate to packed houses.
If weather and COVID protocols allow.
Best thing that can happen....
Take no prisoners at Gempel or XL. Fire up the home crowds out West even more.

Reaction Score
Sellouts are nice, but does Seton Hall envision ever upgrading their crackerbox gym or moving their women's games to a bigger arena? Their men's team plays in the Prudential Center in Newark. Not saying the women should play there too, but maybe something bigger than a gym straight outta Hoosiers?
The only other choice is the Rock and that would be a financial loss unless they played before the men but I have to assume there is a monetary reason why they don't. I like Walsh. It's a great place to watch a game. You are close and see everything. It can be very loud at times as well. There is an iconic pizzeria/ restaurant in South Orange called Bunny's which is a must stop before or after the game. Specialty is thin crust pizza. Given my age, I'll be there before. Sure Walsh is small, but we were up to our necks there two years ago and the Hall will be competitive at home this year.

It is my hope that someday people will embrace the women's game as the pure game and follow it as part of their regular sports diet. Paige and Azzi actually can move the needle on that. I think Paige already has to a certain extent. If they win it all this year, it will actually help the game immensely because it will bring more attention to them. I will say this, anyone with a daughter who is playing high school basketball or below should be a fan of the game and I expect to see a lot of them on December 3rd.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If you're talking about the gym in Milan, Indiana I believe it was about half the size @700. Milan had a population of around 1,100 in 1954. The school itself had only 161 students. Now if you're talking about the title game, then it was at Butler Fieldhouse, now known as Hinkle Fieldhouse. The Semi-State up to the Championship game were all held there. In 1954 the capacity was 15,000, today where both the Butler Men's and Women's team play at it holds 9,100. I watched Lafayette Jefferson win the State Championship in 1964 when I was only 11 years old and I was in the biggest building I had ever been in. Back then they still had the bench seating and I still loved it.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Expect the same thing at Creighton, Xavier, Marquette, DePaul, so forth and so on.
Huskies are the enemy. Perceived as arrogant, spoiled, over-hyped princesses by the rest of the BE fans.
At Walsh and such - it isn't the fans of the Home Team buying the tickets. They don't have the fans to begin with.

DePaul should be different, they have a very nice new arena. I don't know about the other arenas, but expect a large UConn presence everywhere.

For years I traveled with Rutgers, a much smaller fan base than UConn, but at some of the smaller arenas - Walsh, McDonough and at Villanova - we formed a significant portion of the fan base.

Reaction Score
I love that place........it's a fun environment to see a big time game.............I went to the SH-UCLA game a couple of years ago and it turned out to be very competitive.......just walked in just before game time and bought four tickets at half court second row...............in this case I think it will feel kind of like your watching two high school teams, one of which is strangely good.........

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There was no consideration moving the game to the Prudential Center where the Seton Hall Men's team play. Because of Covid Rules the Men's team aren't able to practice at the Prudential Center but will still play their home games there. The Womens team couldn't practice there either, thus why move the game. The Prudential Center holds 18K+ for basketball and is the home court for the New Jersey Devils Hockey Team.

Reaction Score
There was no consideration moving the game to the Prudential Center where the Seton Hall Men's team play. Because of Covid Rules the Men's team aren't able to practice at the Prudential Center but will still play their home games there. The Womens team couldn't practice there either, thus why move the game. The Prudential Center holds 18K+ for basketball and is the home court for the New Jersey Devils Hockey Team.
On Saturday, December 11th at 1:00 pm at the Rock it's UCONN women vs. UCLA followed by UCONN men vs. St. Bonaventure. Still seats left but nothing within the lines of the court. UCONN playing twice within 8 days in Essex County is a big deal. Danny Hurley's first head coaching job was at St. Benedict's Prep in Newark, my alma mater, and about a mile from the Prudential Center.

Reaction Score
the women did play there during stewarts years. we took a bus trip with a company out of CT. to the game.

Reaction Score

Smoldering jealousy and resentment -- they would be coming anyhow. What will fill the away stands are basketball fans coming to see Neo. It's going to be something everyone will want to see.

Reaction Score
I hope some of the big east teams start letting their women’s teams play some games in the same gym as the mens team. A part of me gets irked when I see the men playing in NBA arenas and the women playing in high school looking gymnasiums.

Before anyone says anything, yes I am FULLY aware there are lots of issues with doing this when the teams aren’t getting good turnout, but I just hope they can build up their programs a little by letting them play a couple big games in the bigger stadiums. I believe this is what Providence is doing when UConn comes to town and it’s gonna be a great turnout for them. If this Seton Hall game was in the Prudential Center i’m sure the place would be pretty packed.

Reaction Score
I hope some of the big east teams start letting their women’s teams play some games in the same gym as the mens team. A part of me gets irked when I see the men playing in NBA arenas and the women playing in high school looking gymnasiums.

Before anyone says anything, yes I am FULLY aware there are lots of issues with doing this when the teams aren’t getting good turnout, but I just hope they can build up their programs a little by letting them play a couple big games in the bigger stadiums. I believe this is what Providence is doing when UConn comes to town and it’s gonna be a great turnout for them. If this Seton Hall game was in the Prudential Center i’m sure the place would be pretty packed.
Packed with UConn fans streaming down I-95

Reaction Score

Pretty packed probably not but definitely a lot more than the 1400 that will be at Walsh. Hopefully they will consider it next year since Walsh is sold out this year so soon. If we win it all this year, the chances get greatly increased in my view.

Reaction Score
I found these numbers for Syracuse Women's Basketball attendance at the Dome 2019-20:
StatisticSyracuseOPP
Attendance
TOT2965333156
AVG14-2,11810-3,316

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Just because it’s relevant to what I just posted above. Awesome move by Georgetown.

Georgetown has Azzi teammate for GTS Fusion BRIANNA SCOTT Forward 6-4.. Should be fun for Azzi who should help draw a good crowd for that area

Prior to Georgetown: Brianna had a breakout junior season at South Lakes High earning First Team All-Liberty District, First Team All-Northern Region and second team all-state honors … A Washington Post Second Team All-Met selection … Averaged 13.9 ppg, 10.5 rpg and 2.9 bpg as a junior … Plays AAU with GTS Fusion … Named MVP of the Governors Challenge as team won the championship … Selected to participate in the Triple Threat Challenge … Mother Christy Winters-Scott was a Hall of Fame player at the University of Maryland and coached collegiately, including a stint at Georgetown from 2004-05, before accepting the head coaching position at South Lakes High School … She is also a broadcaster doing NBA, WNBA and college games … Father Jerome Scott was a BIG EAST basketball player at the University of Miami.

Howard on Scott: "Bri will be one of the most versatile players to play at Georgetown. She has the ability to post up, rebound, block shots, shoot the 3-pointer and get to the basket. Bri will bring a level of excitement to our roster immediately."

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
the pond is always going to be little when UConn WBB is swimming in it.........;)
Not when playing comparable large public universities, with comparable facilities. If talking about game results very few teams compare.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or maybe they want to see good hoop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom