Seth Davis out @ SI | The Boneyard

Seth Davis out @ SI

Reaction Score
Layoffs Hit Sports Illustrated

>>Seth Davis confirmed to The Big Lead that he was one of the staffers laid off. Davis had been with SI since 1995. “I have not an ounce of regret or bitterness. This is the way the industry is headed. SI is a great place with great people.” Davis said that he plans to continue writing.<<

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Sports writers losing their jobs all over the place.

Reaction Score
I always thought highly of him. I had to unfollow him on Twitter. Too many political rants and not enough hoops rants.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sorry he lost his job, but crazy is just too close to the surface with that guy. I remember him going nuts about some green juice nonsense curing everything.

I had to unfollow him recently. I think he's finding it harder and harder to hold onto his marbles.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"UConn cannot win a National Championship with Taliek Brown as it's point guard"
"UConn cannot win a National Championship with Taliek Brown as it's point guard"

that was his rant in March of 2004, every day every show every interview without exception (I think it was him :))

hasn't he picked the Zags to be National Champions like 15 straight years? :cool:

Reaction Score
I always thought highly of him. I had to unfollow him on Twitter. Too many political rants and not enough hoops rants.
Agreed. Got to a point where it was 95% political.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There's been a real backlash against sports shows and broadcasters who pushed political agendas instead of reporting on sports.

Reaction Score
It's weird because a lot of sports writers seem to fall into the category of quite literally *insufferable* liberals or *whacked* conservatives.

I've had my fill of sports writer politics on twitter for.... forever.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's weird because a lot of sports writers seem to fall into the category of quite literally *insufferable* liberals or *whacked* conservatives.

I've had my fill of sports writer politics on twitter for.... forever.

Amazing concept that people want their sports writers to focus on sports. Who knew?

Reaction Score
He started out his career in CT working at one of the 95 corridor papers I believe? My brother wrote for the Courant at the time, said he was a giant .

Fast forward 20 years, appears to still be a giant .

If only Jeff Goodman would get the axe next.

Reaction Score
Never liked him since the mid 2000s. He doubted the Huskies led by Okafor and Gordon so peace out dude!
I know a lot of people get upset when writers and analysts critisize UConn, and a lot of that is blown out of porprtion, but Seth Davis was very critical of UConn in 2004 and I remember it wasnt until halftime of the National Championship game vs Georgia Tech when he finally started to give them credit.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people get upset when writers and analysts critisize UConn, and a lot of that is blown out of porprtion, but Seth Davis was very critical of UConn in 2004 and I remember it wasnt until halftime of the National Championship game vs Georgia Tech when he finally started to give them credit.

You have to have been a certified moron to doubt that team. Definition of loaded.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You have to have been a certified moron to doubt that team. Definition of loaded.
But there was some real drama that year around the state of Emeka's back. Gordon had to rise to the occasion in the BET to fully emerge as a star. I know you know this. Such firepower on that team! It is fun to remember how it all played out.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
But there was some real drama that year around the state of Emeka's back. Gordon had to rise to the occasion in the BET to fully emerge as a star. I know you know this. Such firepower on that team! It is fun to remember how it all played out.

especially the national semi-final game

Reaction Score
What was the rationale that the team couldn't win with Taliek? Because he couldn't score? He was the 5th option, maybe 4th sometimes in any lineup. All he had to do was not turn over the ball and play good D. Anything else was gravy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What was the rationale that the team couldn't win with Taliek? Because he couldn't score? He was the 5th option, maybe 4th sometimes in any lineup. All he had to do was not turn over the ball and play good D. Anything else was gravy.

Yeah, that's really underslling taliek. Kid is the all time assists leader at uconn w 722 (though that might have been broken recently idrc). In 2004 he avged 6.5 per game. 3.8 rbds from the point too. Not to mention the emotional leader of that team-truly the lead dog and toughest kid on the floor.

1,000 pt club in top of that. Might be the most underrated player in uconn history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom