Seriously Yahoo? | The Boneyard

Seriously Yahoo?

Reaction Score

This was published, if I am correct, about 2 hours after the announcement was made to cancel the tourney.

Even worse, UConn was listed as one of the hot teams and according to yahoo, a bubble team on the rise. Would a finals appearance followed by a close loss (to Houston) been enough? Sigh.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1584106760673.png

RISING
Connecticut

The Huskies (19-12) head into their American Athletic Conference opener against Tulane on Thursday having won five straight games and with arguably as much momentum as anybody in the league. Dan Hurley has done a masterful job of making sure they're peaking at the right time.

I'll take my good news where I can find it. We are back on people's radar.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I'm an AltaVista guy myself

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
As much as I would have loved seeing this team attempt to make a run in the conference and possibly NCAA tournaments, ending with the season being cancelled is not necessarily a bad thing for us. Best case scenario was we win the AAC and go to the tournament, which as much as it pains me to say was still a longshot. This team ending on a 5 game winning streak with buzz at a recent high is realistically something that was a best case scenario. Certainly better than not winning the conference and being knocked of in the NIT by someone random.

Reaction Score
As much as I would have loved seeing this team attempt to make a run in the conference and possibly NCAA tournaments, ending with the season being cancelled is not necessarily a bad thing for us. Best case scenario was we win the AAC and go to the tournament, which as much as it pains me to say was still a longshot. This team ending on a 5 game winning streak with buzz at a recent high is realistically something that was a best case scenario. Certainly better than not winning the conference and being knocked of in the NIT by someone random.
I think we had an ok chance at winning the AAC but a lack of bodies most likely would've caught up with us in the end. It's sad for CV and most likely AG that they didn't have a chance to go for glory but I totally agree with you, ending the season on a high note playing so well at the end is a great way to finish and confidence for next year. I feel terribly for schools like Dayton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom