Serious time management question | The Boneyard

Serious time management question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else yell at the TV/in the stadium, when at the end of the 4th Diaco called a TO with about 3 1/2 minutes left at the 2nd and 1? Why on earth would you call your time outs in that situation? I understand having some confidence in your defense, but even professional teams rarely hold in that type of short yardage situation. Even a pre-schooler could see that they would convert after we blew that 2nd TO and end the game. I just don't understand how Diaco could call those TO's expecting them not to convert there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did anyone else yell at the TV/in the stadium, when at the end of the 4th Diaco called a TO with about 3 1/2 minutes left at the 2nd and 1? Why on earth would you call your time outs in that situation? I understand having some confidence in your defense, but even professional teams rarely hold in that type of short yardage situation. Even a pre-schooler could see that they would convert after we blew that 2nd TO and end the game. I just don't understand how Diaco could call those TO's expecting them not to convert there.

LOL my wife asked, everyone left was puzzled and my phone blew up. So yeah it was obvious.

Reaction Score
LOL my wife asked, everyone left was puzzled and my phone blew up. So yeah it was obvious.
right on, my gf yelled at me for yelling at the tv. I just couldn't believe that he would call those to's there. It was mind boggling.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
right on, my gf yelled at me for yelling at the tv. I just couldn't believe that he would call those to's there. It was mind boggling.

The best part was taking 5 seconds each time to call the time out. You can't make up how bad it was.

Reaction Score
The best part was taking 5 seconds each time to call the time out. You can't make up how bad it was.
agreed. I'd say it was a rookie move, but that doesn't seem right. It was a rookie pop warner move.

Reaction Score
agreed. I'd say it was a rookie move, but that doesn't seem right. It was a rookie pop warner move.

It is only his 12th game as head coach. (sarcasm off). These head scratching, perplexing decisions occur every game and the rated of ocurrences does not seem to have dimished over the course of the season. UCONN football may have a serious talent deficit, but it is not with the players.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

As a matter of fact, yes.

WHY ARE YOU CALLING A TO ON 2ND AND 1???

Reaction Score
It ranks up there with trying the long FG in the 4th that was blocked. We should have just went for it on 4th down. The ball was not carrying well today for either kicker. It had no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom