Serious DeBerry Question | The Boneyard

Serious DeBerry Question

Reaction Score
Hello all, I have a serious question and am looking for anyone who has an answer, not a theory, opinion or thought. I am hoping that someone might have some insight and have some sort of supporting details/facts to back up their answer.

My question is, does anyone know why DeBerry is so limited this season? The couple of times she has been in the game she has been fun to watch, shows great energy, and was a spark at times. The other night against Creighton they said she most likely would not play and she didn't. Does anyone know why???

Reaction Score
Piath doesn't get to play either. Just 1 game for 2 minutes all season :(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Amari was still recovering from COVID when UConn played Creighton, per newspapers (look it up on Google).

As for the rest of the season, she’s shown tremendous potential in her minutes. My opinion is that since Geno has Liv, Dorka, Aaliyah, and Caroline (as small forward), he has the luxury of easing Amari into games when there’s no pressure on her to have to be The (Wo)Man. Amari’s defense is still not there - E is often seen gesturing to Amari where to go on the court - and she makes freshman mistakes so Geno is giving her experience without the pressure.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a theory....
I have an opinion.....
I have a thought........
I have a fact.... Amari either hand an injury or an issue (perhaps both) which caused her to be behind on conditioning during pre- season. Things with UCONN WBB tend to move at warp speed which makes it very difficult to catch up once you fall behind.

Reaction Score
How many minutes did Amari play against GT? As I recall, she played pretty well.

Reaction Score
The next few games should be great opportunities for Amari!
She was said to be dealing with some things as well so I don’t know how healthy she will be as these occurred before Covid

Reaction Score
How many minutes did Amari play against GT? As I recall, she played pretty well.
she was the spark plug of that team in that game, Uconn was finally making something on offense and Geno takes her out and Gtech never looks back.

Reaction Score
In the case that she has not been well, or dealing with things... I wish she had not played at all and been redshirted. I think she will be a great talent. I am not questioning Geno, I was just curious....

Reaction Score
In the case that she has not been well, or dealing with things... I wish she had not played at all and been redshirted. I think she will be a great talent. I am not questioning Geno, I was just curious....
I think she might have picked up an injury right before the pause happens and that Covid probably hurt her recovery process

Reaction Score

Every time I hear fan say they wish a player had been redshirted, I always wonder what makes them think that the player wants to be redshirted. Maybe they just want to spend their 4 years or whatever in school and get on with the next chapter of their life.

Reaction Score
Amari is similar in height and talent to Cameron Brink of Stanford. All she needs is the minutes on the court to be as effective as Cameron is. I think she will be the big surprise that Geno will unleash later in the year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I have a theory....
I have an opinion.....
I have a thought........
I have a fact.... Amari either hand an injury or an issue (perhaps both) which caused her to be behind on conditioning during pre- season. Things with UCONN WBB tend to move at warp speed which makes it very difficult to catch up once you fall behind.
Especially Freshmen or players or transfers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Amari was still recovering from COVID when UConn played Creighton, per newspapers (look it up on Google).

As for the rest of the season, she’s shown tremendous potential in her minutes. My opinion is that since Geno has Liv, Dorka, Aaliyah, and Caroline (as small forward), he has the luxury of easing Amari into games when there’s no pressure on her to have to be The (Wo)Man. Amari’s defense is still not there - E is often seen gesturing to Amari where to go on the court - and she makes freshman mistakes so Geno is giving her experience without the pressure.
Also she was still working on her conditioning preseason and that may have set her back.

From the minutes I have seen she will be a good one.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Amari is a back to the basket player and will give you 10/8 12/10. She has alot to learn. This is college BB. You have to recognize plays as they develop. You have to know where to be on plays that are called. Amari is learning and will be a very good player for UConn. Right now she has Liv Edward Dorka and Caroline ahead of her. She will get minutes to get her acclimated and next season she will be really good.

Reaction Score
Hello all, I have a serious question and am looking for anyone who has an answer, not a theory, opinion or thought. I am hoping that someone might have some insight and have some sort of supporting details/facts to back up their answer.

My question is, does anyone know why DeBerry is so limited this season? The couple of times she has been in the game she has been fun to watch, shows great energy, and was a spark at times. The other night against Creighton they said she most likely would not play and she didn't. Does anyone know why???
Based on all of the preceding comments and a careful examination of the data forthwith:
NOBODY HAS A DAMN CLUE.

Reaction Score
Not a difficult question to answer. At UConn, unless you are a Paige or have an opportunity created by an injury, its rare a frosh plays significant minutes early in the season. Usually first year players initially show their skills during blow outs, which unfortunately have not been part of the current season. Having Dorka transfer in has reduced DeBerry's minutes. I predict she starts next year and has many double point/rebound games.

Reaction Score
Amari is similar in height and talent to Cameron Brink of Stanford. All she needs is the minutes on the court to be as effective as Cameron is. I think she will be the big surprise that Geno will unleash later in the year.
From what little I have seen of both players Brink appears to be much faster much more active although foul prone. I have a hard time comparing both of their games with so little evidence from Amari at the college level.

Reaction Score
she was the spark plug of that team in that game, Uconn was finally making something on offense and Geno takes her out and Gtech never looks back.
Now that was puzzling... I guess it's about trust and Geno doesn't seem to trust his freshmen often. However, when you have seniors repeatedly making the same stupid boneheaded decisions, I think for me at least it would be easier to digest freshmen gaffes than seniors...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom