Series vs. Rutgers? | The Boneyard

Series vs. Rutgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah.....and is funny how it seems no one wants to play Uconn. To them, reading between the lines, its like UConn saying no to Buffalo, Maine, Stoneybrook, Villanova........no upside

I'm a little worried that they would drop UConn for UCF or USF for the perceive recruiting presence in Florida. Which really isn't that difficult to understand. As a mid level BE team they gained quite a few Florida recruits........probably would do better knocking on doors as a BIG team.

I don't think RU recruits Ct equally as hard.......

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Well they may very well have an interest in getting an East Coast pod in the B1G (money for travel) so it would be in their interest to keep us playing P5 schools until that happens.

I just don't get the sense with RU that they have the Cuse/BC mentality of blocking and view regional rivalries more positively.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Well they may very well have an interest in getting an East Coast pod in the B1G (money for travel) so it would be in their interest to keep us playing P5 schools until that happens.

I just don't get the sense with RU that they have the Cuse/BC mentality of blocking and view regional rivalries more positively.

I think the UCONN/RU games always had a bit of juice.

Happy to see this continue.

Reaction Score
Yeah.....and is funny how it seems no one wants to play Uconn. To them, reading between the lines, its like UConn saying no to Buffalo, Maine, Stoneybrook, Villanova...no upside

I'm a little worried that they would drop UConn for UCF or USF for the perceive recruiting presence in Florida. Which really isn't that difficult to understand. As a mid level BE team they gained quite a few Florida recruits...probably would do better knocking on doors as a BIG team.

I don't think RU recruits Ct equally as hard..
There's no reading between the lines. They are outright saying they don't want to play us, to give us a national platform and that there is no benefit if they win and a big downside if they lose.

Reaction Score
Nevermind. They just schedule some Huskies but the west coast version.

Reaction Score
Announced they are adding home/home with Washington in 2016/2017 & moving their series w UCLA to 2020/2021

Release also says their 2017 schedule is complete but still needs 1 for 2016. So much for home/home w UConn in 16& 17

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Rutgers love for cream puffs on the schedule has been well established for years. If they are looking down on us, then come here and beat us. Should be easy, right?

Reaction Score
I know ... 2 things:

Rutgers plays Norfolk State or Howard ... if at all possible.

UConn AD has beaten Rutgers in every way possible. This Big Chest pumping has nothing to do with Winning Sports. They are where they are because of Cable perception. I am not sure people throughout New Jersey will watch. But seems OUR small state needs bigger thinking. Could we market push into Mass, RI, VT, NH, LI, NYC?

Reaction Score
Rutgers love for cream puffs on the schedule has been well established for years. If they are looking down on us, then come here and beat us. Should be easy, right?

While they certainly have played cream puff schedules in the past under Shady I think playing 9 B1G games plus having Washington, UCLA & Miami on the OOC schedule no longer qualifies as a cream puff schedule.

I have posted in the past that the CEO of our company is a RU donor who appears to be plugged into their AD & he has told me repeatedly that they have no interest in playing us going forward. According to him they will look to add UCF or USF to keep a foothold in Fla and they would keep Temple (who they have already added) but as far as UConn he doesn't see it happening

Reaction Score
I know ... 2 things:

Rutgers plays Norfolk State or Howard ... if at all possible.

UConn AD has beaten Rutgers in every way possible. This Big Chest pumping has nothing to do with Winning Sports. They are where they are because of Cable perception. I am not sure people throughout New Jersey will watch. But seems OUR small state needs bigger thinking. Could we market push into Mass, RI, VT, NH, LI, NYC?
If Rutgers sucks, and they've shown no sign of ever changing, we're in the B1G. The B1G will then NEED us.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Good eye CtBoonie....ha ha.

Guess there is no further reason for you to be here.

DOn't let the door hit you on your brains....

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to that 2 game series that was supposedly kept under wraps? Maybe something going on behind the scenes we aren't aware of? Don't get down fella's(or above me negative).

Reaction Score
Nevermind. They just schedule some Huskies but the west coast version.
Sorry to hear that Goonie but hopefully things are happening were unaware of?Keepthe faith bud !! I'm as disappointed as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom