Serie A to ESPN+ | The Boneyard

Serie A to ESPN+

Reaction Score
The entire overlap of the AAC and Serie A is @UConnDan97 but 340 games on ESPN+ is another sign they aren't going through the motions with +.

Turner is going to charge 80 bucks to show Champions League on their streaming service which has a Bleacher Report branding.

They will make some money on this.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The bigger news is that one match per week will be on ESPN or ESPN2. That is huge for Serie A.

Reaction Score
So basically whenever Juventus is playing :p

Torino / Roma is on ESPNews Sunday at noon
Juventus / Lazio is on ESPN2 on the 25th
Sampdoria / Napoli is on at 2:30 on a network to be determined

Reaction Score
TNT/BR is gonna be a HUGE step down from Fox's coverage. Sucks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
TNT/BR is gonna be a HUGE step down from Fox's coverage. Sucks
As long as the cameras are still aimed at the field we'll be fine. I don't think HUGE fits in the space between Fox coverage and rock bottom.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you're an ESPN Insider subscriber, ESPN+ is automatically going to become part of your deal shortly....

Dear John!
We have great news! ESPN Insider is merging with ESPN+.

What does this mean?
ESPN+ is the new multi-sport, video streaming service from ESPN. In the next few weeks, Insider content will be integrated into ESPN+. So, you'll continue to receive the same Insider coverage you're used to, plus live sports and exclusive originals--all at no extra cost!

What you can look forward to:
  • Live sports: Stream thousands of live events including Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, Serie A international soccer, Top Rank Boxing and more!
  • ESPN Originals: Get on-demand access to ESPN originals, exclusive studio shows like The Fantasy Show, and the entire library of 30 for 30documentaries.
  • Limited ads: ESPN+ subscribers get fewer ads across all ESPN digital products (ESPN.com, ESPN app).
  • Connectivity: Stream on the go or at home, on your smartphone, tablet, computer, and supported connected living room devices.
What you'll continue to enjoy:
  • Insider's premium content from experts like Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Keith Law and others!
  • Tools to get an edge in your fantasy sports leagues, and Tournament Challenge brackets.
  • Continued delivery of ESPN The Magazine as a part of your subscription.
Your subscription will automatically become ESPN+ in the next few weeks and you will be renewed at next billing as an ESPN+ subscriber. See ESPN+ Subscriber Agreementfor full details.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If you're an ESPN Insider subscriber, ESPN+ is automatically going to become part of your deal shortly....

Dear John!
We have great news! ESPN Insider is merging with ESPN+.

What does this mean?
ESPN+ is the new multi-sport, video streaming service from ESPN. In the next few weeks, Insider content will be integrated into ESPN+. So, you'll continue to receive the same Insider coverage you're used to, plus live sports and exclusive originals--all at no extra cost!

What you can look forward to:
  • Live sports: Stream thousands of live events including Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, Serie A international soccer, Top Rank Boxing and more!
  • ESPN Originals: Get on-demand access to ESPN originals, exclusive studio shows like The Fantasy Show, and the entire library of 30 for 30documentaries.
  • Limited ads: ESPN+ subscribers get fewer ads across all ESPN digital products (ESPN.com, ESPN app).
  • Connectivity: Stream on the go or at home, on your smartphone, tablet, computer, and supported connected living room devices.
What you'll continue to enjoy:
  • Insider's premium content from experts like Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Keith Law and others!
  • Tools to get an edge in your fantasy sports leagues, and Tournament Challenge brackets.
  • Continued delivery of ESPN The Magazine as a part of your subscription.
Your subscription will automatically become ESPN+ in the next few weeks and you will be renewed at next billing as an ESPN+ subscriber. See ESPN+ Subscriber Agreementfor full details.

1) That's actually not a bad deal.
2) This is still much ado about nothing, until something moves from a "real" ESPN network down to +. If the AAC ends up being the trial balloon for this, god help us.

Reaction Score
1) That's actually not a bad deal.
2) This is still much ado about nothing, until something moves from a "real" ESPN network down to +. If the AAC ends up being the trial balloon for this, god help us.

It's the future and honestly wouldn't change my viewing habits much.

But, I guess it's easy for me to say.

I'm a millennial that lives outside of the CT TV market and I already watch all my sports via apps.

The most important thing for UConn and the conference is cold hard cash. If ESPN (and thus Disney) are going all in on this thing and want to make us the trial balloon (and are willing to pay a premium for the right to do so) than we might as well just hop on what is hopefully the rising tide of the future.

We're on a sinking ship at the moment.

Reaction Score
It's the future and honestly wouldn't change my viewing habits much.

But, I guess it's easy for me to say.

I'm a millennial that lives outside of the CT TV market and I already watch all my sports via apps.

The most important thing for UConn and the conference is cold hard cash. If ESPN (and thus Disney) are going all in on this thing and want to make us the trial balloon (and are willing to pay a premium for the right to do so) than we might as well just hop on what is hopefully the rising tide of the future.

We're on a sinking ship at the moment.

Basically, I'd rather be on ESPN+ than CBS Sports Net

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It gets better ratings than the AAC. Just saying.

You soccerheads are hilarious. You're completely wrong. From last year's numbers. Yes, I realize that Ronaldo to Juventus moves the needle, but how much?

The UCONN / USF rescheduled game got about 4X the Serie A average, and that was the worst-rated AAC game of the year.. College Football TV Ratings

Serie A: IMG Benchmarking Serie A USA viewing numbers: the picture is not pretty | Calcio e Finanza

Last year, about the same number of people *streamed* the LLWS as watched Serie A. ESPN on ABC: Little League World Series Ratings Up Double-Digits for All Championship Games - ESPN MediaZone U.S.

Reaction Score
You soccerheads are hilarious. You're completely wrong. From last year's numbers. Yes, I realize that Ronaldo to Juventus moves the needle, but how much?

The UCONN / USF rescheduled game got about 4X the Serie A average, and that was the worst-rated AAC game of the year.. College Football TV Ratings

Serie A: IMG Benchmarking Serie A USA viewing numbers: the picture is not pretty | Calcio e Finanza

Last year, about the same number of people *streamed* the LLWS as watched Serie A. ESPN on ABC: Little League World Series Ratings Up Double-Digits for All Championship Games - ESPN MediaZone U.S.

You’re stupid and you totally missed the point.

Soccer in general, non MLS Soccer gets better ratings than the AAC. The Premier League on a Saturday morning gets better ratings than NHL or dumb baseball.

Serie A maybe not so much. But the Premier League and Champions League, you bet your arse.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
...but the whole point of this thread is Serie A, and more importantly, ESPN+. My point is that moving a non-entity to ESPN+ doesn't make this newsworthy.

I'm also not going to do the math, but i suspect that the average AAC rating is at least close to, if not surpasses, the EPL. It likely beats MLS and CL. So, I'm not sure why you take this so personally...

MLS TV ratings a concern given they account for just 6% of soccer TV viewing - World Soccer Talk

You can’t compare ratings of ESPN or ESPN2 with Fox Soccer Channel or BeIn.

The network drives the rating as much as the event.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You can’t compare ratings of ESPN or ESPN2 with Fox Soccer Channel or BeIn.

The network drives the rating as much as the event.

...which is even moreso why Serie A plus ESPN+ = a tree falling in the forest.

Also your well-taken point is exactly why @Guapo is wrong here, too. If the AAC goes to ESPN+ in mass quantities, turn out the lights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom