OT: Serial podcast | The Boneyard

OT: Serial podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw fishys thread stray OT so I figured we could talk about the podcast on here.

I was late to the party and ended up marathoning 7 episodes at once so I do need to re listen but I'm hooked.

Expect a movie or an hbo mini series to be made about this in the near future.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It has been very compelling, but has lost some steam over the last 2 episodes. I'm still hoping she has some bombshells to drop....but it's looking like there will be no real resolution. The format of the podcast is really brilliant. The way they have integrated real taped interviews from the original 1999 investigation with the current interviews gives it some real life. I may start over from the beginning as the details get lost. I did hope for something more on the "Jay" episode as he is the enigma of the case.

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to believe that Adnan is guilty. Perhaps he could have strangled her in an act of rage but I absolutely do not buy that it was premeditated.

Those poor jurors. I had a tough time listening to the snippets where Adnan's lawyer talked and they had to sit through an entire trial.

Reaction Score
The fact that: (1) adnan's cell phone pings the tower by Linkin Park on the night of the murder during a time when he concedes he was with Jay; (2) Jay was able to show the cops where Hae's car was; (3) Adnan is conveniently unable to account for his whereabouts during the time everyone concedes Hae was killed; and (4) Adnan's print was on the map in Hae's car with a page depicting Linkin Park torn out, is sufficient for me to conclude that he was at a minimum intricately involved in her murder. I don't think we will ever really know what happened but my guess is that Adnan and Jay murdered Hae together, or Adnan paid Jay to do it and was involved in luring Hae to a place where Jay could kill her and in burying her. I also believe that Adnan is a sociopath.

Reaction Score
The fact that: (1) adnan's cell phone pings the tower by Linkin Park on the night of the murder during a time when he concedes he was with Jay; (2) Jay was able to show the cops where Hae's car was; (3) Adnan is conveniently unable to account for his whereabouts during the time everyone concedes Hae was killed; and (4) Adnan's print was on the map in Hae's car with a page depicting Linkin Park torn out, is sufficient for me to conclude that he was at a minimum intricately involved in her murder. I don't think we will ever really know what happened but my guess is that Adnan and Jay murdered Hae together, or Adnan paid Jay to do it and was involved in luring Hae to a place where Jay could kill her and in burying her. I also believe that Adnan is a sociopath.

I lean towards this. Jay's story is bologna, but he was definitely involved and there's just too much linking Adnan to the area/events. You didn't even mention the Nisha call. I'm guessing Jay was involved and then lied to police to cover himself (whether it's his actual murder involvement or drug stuff).

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I lean towards this. Jay's story is bologna, but he was definitely involved and there's just too much linking Adnan to the area/events. You didn't even mention the Nisha call. I'm guessing Jay was involved and then lied to police to cover himself (whether it's his actual murder involvement or drug stuff).

We know Jay was involved in burying the body. How he got off with no jail time for that was pretty outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom